GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waffenrock with Edelwiess - Lots of them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffenrock with Edelwiess - Lots of them!

Heres a great photo of Waffenrock in wear.

What is interesting however is the edelweiss. They all seem to be wearing them.

Isnt it quite rare to find waffenrock with edelweiss patches, as they were introduced when the waffenrock was being phased out?

Anyway, nice photo!

hope you all like it.

lewis
    Attached Files

Also several. if not most, of the caps appear to have no eagle?

Comment

Breast eagles

Perhaps it is early Third Reich, there are no breast eagles either...

Comment

The eagle was institued before the introduction of the Waffenrock, IMO it's a wartime photo with a lot of questions...

Comment

The photo has clearly been edited:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Albert; 01-03-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I agree with Albert, they used a stamp tool. Edelweiss were worn after the issue date on all uniforms. These men are all low EMS, I would suspect they are trainees out for a March to town or church on the weekend circa late 1939-early 1940 etc. Nice to see the transmisson tower, there may have been a Dam near there with a hydroelectric plant. You may be able to figure out where it is:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca...nts_in_Bavaria

Or Austria etc.

Comment

This photo was on ebay which may explain the editing of chest/cap eagles, but it seems strange that you would go to all that trouble to get rid of tiny eagles that would hardly be visible.

Having a second look you can see cap eagles in the background..see cap over second guy from rights shoulder. I think someone has been extra careful with ebay.

Either way definately edited.

Comment

Originally posted by LDR View Post
                This photo was on ebay which may explain the editing of chest/cap eagles, but it seems strange that you would go to all that trouble to get rid of tiny eagles that would hardly be visible.

Having a second look you can see cap eagles in the background..see cap over second guy from rights shoulder. I think someone has been extra careful with ebay.

Either way definately edited.
                Ebay has been a bunch of IDIOTS lately with German Eagles either in photos or on items for sale. So I can see why this seller is being careful. I had 6 auctions pulled because my eagles were showing or it was the wording.
                Ebay has gotten really asinine....

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by LDR View Post
                  Heres a great photo of Waffenrock in wear.

Isnt it quite rare to find waffenrock with edelweiss patches, as they were introduced when the waffenrock was being phased out?

lewis
                  Hi you are right that these waffenrocks are rare, but actualy every tunic is rare. Finding a decent infantery tunic is also hard to find these days. But I admit, I never had the chance to buy a EM GJ rock...
                  http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X