No announcement yet.

Freies arabian shoulder insignia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first example posted is fake regardless of any color variation, or tension variation etc. I can tell by the construction of this piece...no worries, it is a repro.

There are also things I notice in the construction that need not be pointed out that identify this as a fake. Keep in mind that they made these a long time ago, and they likely had more than one run.

There are a newer run of "bevo" fakes that have the color wrong and thinner material too yet still fakes.

John

Comment

Pat, there are many variations of fakes, more so than the known originals. I also do not believe yours is an original and the staining to an otherwise mint patch is typical. Looks like cigarette ashes or carbon in this case. Sorry.

Comment

Greetings PATMAN,

Your badge is a reproduction. There is absolutely no doubt. The construction techniques in the weave are apparent.

Fred

Comment

i see

Thanks guys for the info. I thought maybe I'd spotted something there. It's still fun to discuss..I'm learning everytime I get on here. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X