Hartmann Flight Jacket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again

I think the Jacket its nice,but as you says is very difficulty to know the period...

Depending of the price....

Regards

Javier

Comment

Here's another real one.
      Attached Files

Comment

Back.
        Attached Files

Comment

Eagle.
          Attached Files

Comment

Buckle.
            Attached Files

Comment

Inside pocket (hand sewn HBT).
              Attached Files

Comment

Sleeve lining. (Sorry for the poor light.)
                Attached Files

Comment

Inside back.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Zipper.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The jacket in question looks like an original example of a Hartmann-style jacket. And as already mentioned, it's hard to say if it saw use by a pilot or a motorcyclist. They always seem to be dressed up with Major's shoulder boards and it can be very hard to tell when they were added.
                      A similar one without any trace of insignia went for around EUR 360 on eBay last week.
                      That's a sharp looking jacket Leroy, I don't recall seing an eagle attached that way before. But it looks great.

Comment

Jesper,
                        The boards on this one are for an Oberstleutnant and are original. Quite frankly, I've had this jacket so long, I've forgotten if they were on it when I got it or if I put them on. My memory is saying they were on it. The eagle and EK1 were on it when I got it .
                        What I really like about this one is the stitching in the collar area and on other areas of the jacket, which points to this being a "one-off" and quickly made in a small shop or home. The size is very small and this is displayed on a child-size mannequin. The extra leather behind the eagle is unique to me and may have been a repair (guessing, of course) over an area where the leather tore. The catch on the eagle is crimped down so it won't come off.
                        Best,
                        Leroy

Comment

Originally posted by J. Hahn View Post
                          They always seem to be dressed up with Major's shoulder boards and it can be very hard to tell when they were added.
                          I can assure you that mine is a complete WW2 original and since pics were posted of it here and on Tod's site, there have been quite a few that have popped up in recent years.
                          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Actually the shoulder board remark was not a hint toward your's or Leroy's jackets, but towards the endless array of jackets popping up on eBay, fitted with slip on (often NVA) Major's boards.
                            They should bundle them with one of those UFO posters from Fox Mulder's office, you know the one with "I want to believe".

Comment

Hello,

there are many different buckles on that "Hartmann jackets"
                              they are all magnetic -

they are all original and not repros or fakes like from eastman

I have seen the first jacket last year on ebay - its fine and 100 % original
                              The seller sold all stuff like shoulderboards EK1 Luftwaffe eagle and photos of the
                              wearer ... the major shoulderboards on the first hartmann jackets in this thread are repros.

enjoy the pictures

Sky

Comment

May I add mine:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X