Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Button Hole Ribbons - Proper Configuration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button Hole Ribbons - Proper Configuration?

Hello All,

I have a question about configuration on an Infantry Tunic - unfortunately I have no pictures - but will do my best to describe the situation.

The vet earned the following decorations:

KVK 1.Kl. with Swords
    KVK 2.Kl. with Swords
    EK2
    EK1
    BWB, SWB and GWB
    CCC - Bronze
    CCC - Silver
    Ost Medaille
    IAB

The tunic (combat used and rather beaten up) has the remnants of the EK2 (25mm) and KVK 2.Kl. ribbons (30mm) with remnants of stitching for a 3rd ribbon. Question #1: is this a correct configuration through the 2nd button hole - EK2 on top of KVK on top of OstMed? Would this have been proper? Does anyone have a supporting picture?

Given that there is only one set of loops above the left breast pocket, I would assume the CCC would have been affixed there, forgoeing the ribbon bar, correct possibly? There are only three sets of loops on the left breast pocket - one in the 12 o'clock position, 10:00 and 6:00. Would he have displayed only the EK1, GWB and IAB in that order, or would he have displayed the KVK 1.Kl.? If yes, where? (There is no evidence of holes in the tunic in this general area where one would have "forced" a badge onto the tunic.) The GWB is cased and perfect the SWB is almost as beautiful. The Black shows evidence of tunic wear. He did survive the war; and I would guess the GWB, and possibly silver were received after he was out of commission.

The family has all the awards - some cased - but there is no ribbon bar in the collection. I assume the ribbon bar would be: EK2--KVK 2.Kl. with Swords -- Ost Med with maybe a long service bar in there. They do not know of any other campaigns in which he participated. Would the 3(?) ribbons through the button hole act to signify the ribbon bar, if he put the CCC through the normal ribbon bar loops? There is one picture of him in field, where one can see something above the pocket - whether it is a ribbon bar or CCC it is almost impossible to tell in one of those 2"x2" B&W photos.

Thanks,

Eric

Only two ribbons could be worn in the buttonhole by regulation, the two most likely for your scenario would be the EKII ribbon over the Ost. If there is only one set of loops long enouhg for the clasp it is likely the CCCs were worn in the field or for general service with the option for the ribbon bar etc. If he had only three sets of loops out of the awards you list for the left IMO the EK I would be on top with the IAB and WBs worn below. Not all awards were worn and in general the combat awards were selected over KVKs and sporsts badges but he could have worn any combination of the awards he wanted. etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X