Cavalry Tunic, Cap, and Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalry Tunic, Cap, and Trousers

This finally made it to me through the mail - I'd about given up. This is a named tunic and cap set to a Cavalry LtCol, and he wore it hard. I really like the look of it! The tunic is dated 1939 and th cap is an earlier one as well; the trousers are grey wool gabardine but were field worn. Regards, Robert
    Attached Files

It's got a dirty sewn length of EKII ribbon that came with it, and threads on the inside where it was removed.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great golden yellow on the boards; tabs are toned darker but cav as well.
      Attached Files

Comment

Never removed - the family history was that the WWII US veteran was OSS, ans wore the uniform out of Germany. Doubtful, but he definately brought back some neat stuff!
        Attached Files

Comment

SALTY Erel cap -
          Attached Files

Comment

Saw lots of use - anyway, a nice rig!
            Attached Files

Comment

Robert, you say the Tunic is dated 1939, is there a name on the tag as well? Maybe something that looks like F.v. Waldenfels

Comment

John, here's the tag - I think I can make out Major, 39, and bits and pieces, but it's been heavily worn.
                Attached Files

Comment

The Major for the 17th at that time was "Korner" sometimes you get lucky, looks like a longer name on the tag though. Waldenfels was a Lt. Col. with a DOR of 1.10.38. Your tag is readable, it looks like an unusual name and we have the rank. Let Hardy look at it.

Comment

It's a strange name - can't quite make it out, reads like Major ..ubreky, ubriky.

John, any officer known by a similar name?

perhaps a better scan might help
                    Last edited by naxos; 12-05-2008, 03:13 PM.

Comment

The "U" has an umlaut and is lower case, there is one letter before the Vowel. I will pull his image and see what I can do with photoshop.

Comment

after No. it reads either: 2 S .17 or KR 17

Comment

The 17th was headquartered in Bamberg and that matches the Tailor tag, he might have been in charge of a subsidiary unit like a horse training facility and would not be listed on the main unit roster. Based on the Ribbon Bar he would have been a WWI Vet.

Yes, It is KR 17

I think we are missing more than one letter before the "u" maybe two or even three.
                          Last edited by Johnny R; 12-05-2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I will check my Ranglisten when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
                              I will check my Ranglisten when I get home
                              I looked at the 38/39 one and 44/45 I didn't see any matches in Kav. He might have posted in 1939 and would not be on the lists.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X