show your worst tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

show your worst tunic

We had a thread not too long ago showing your worst headgear...
    So what about uniforms?
    I'll get it started! This one will be difficult to beat! (a survivor from Estonia)
    Attached Files

I had this one for a while, but it's gone now.
    Attached Files
    http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Here's my ss tunic, not quite as impressive as the first two but it's up there.
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow. those pieces take salty to a whole new level! I dont think I have anythng that would remotely fit this bill, and I dont mean that to sound arrogant, I just dont collect relic condition, nothing wrong with it, for me it just looks like a 64 1/2 gt mustang with matching numbers that has sat out in the elements in Buffalo NY for about 40 years, interesting, but there is nothng really there to appreciate, just my opinion. I do realize we all collect different ways.

Comment

A good reason to store things away from mice. I don't have any tunics like this but it is interesting to see the taphonomy of victimized clothing. At least you guys are preventing these things from becoming high priced shoulder straps and hats.

Comment

these would look great on a halloween skeleton!!!!

Comment

Cool stuff, I appreciate seeing these very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
                Wow. those pieces take salty to a whole new level! I dont think I have anythng that would remotely fit this bill, and I dont mean that to sound arrogant, I just dont collect relic condition, nothing wrong with it, for me it just looks like a 64 1/2 gt mustang with matching numbers that has sat out in the elements in Buffalo NY for about 40 years, interesting, but there is nothng really there to appreciate, just my opinion. I do realize we all collect different ways.
                Well I just bougt this because the white side was still nice but de collar was tailord to only be worn on the grey side. I sold it 2 years ago because I also prefer mint/quality items.
                http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Wow!! Cool thread. There are a few real veterans here. Love the salty been there stuff. These have been there and gone!! Thanks for sharing! Mike.

Comment

This is coolest tunic I have ever seen before....
                    thanks for sharing!!!

Eric

Comment

well at least the buttons survived

Comment

Hi Nick,

I have a before and after photo of your tunic.

Before

After:

Comment

Good idea! I'm liking this thread so far.

Comment

I think the term is "artifact condition", some people specifically collect things found like this. Interesting stuff, you will never need to be concerned if it is real or not.

Steve, send me the M40 pattern Nebel straps .

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far! Neat before and after comparison!

Fellow waf member Kbandow had posted this KM coastal one before...
                              This KM coastal survivor was found under a floorboard in an attic in Estonia....Yikes!
                              Nick

PS: the tattered HBT unic that I own that started this thread actually came for him...
                              and also surfaced in Estonia (insignia was added for effect... still looking for late war litzen...
                              to finish that HBT beauty!)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 11-07-2008, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X