Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me with this KM summer Eagle!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me with this KM summer Eagle!!

Hello Guys!Please help me whit this officers Eagle Marine I almost knew nothing about theres awards. This is purschased at Detlev. So I wonder if its real and a price for this piece
    Regards
    Magnus
    Attached Files

Marine

Attached Files

Comment

Ww2

_:_:_
      Attached Files

Comment

At first glance I am sceptical, only because i have not seen one before and the pin/hook arrangement looks a bit stange to me. Was not aware that Schwerin made/sold insignia, perhaps this may have been post war stamped. Anyway hopefully some other members will join the thread. First off some questions

Did you buy this off Detlev or are you looking to buy it from someone who bought it off Detlev?

Is it made from aluminium?

Is the eagle vaulted / curved?

regs
        Rob
        Regards, Rob
        Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

I would post this on the Wehrmacht Uniforms and Insignia Forum. You might get a better response there. John

Comment

It´s not an award. It´s a breast eagle for a summer tunic. Also sometimes worn on the short green (waist-) jackets.
            But it looks funny. I have never seen a pin like that. Doesn´t mean it´s not original though.

Comment

HI Magnus,

I've seen this type on offer before. I don't really have a problem with the style of eagle in general. Normally they are unmarked or are of the "diamond M" variety (looking at it more closely, there are some subtle differences in obverse detail when compared to a "diamond M" example).

On this example, the pin, catch and bottom hook look unusual and I've never been sure whether the Schwerin marking was period or a later addition. It's not the first one I've seen with a stamped Schwerin mark.

I'll move this to the Uniform Insignia Forum for further input.

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X