Lanyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lanyard

Posted a new thread in the General Award section, called "Lanyard". I would be grateful if you could take a look there and give me your views. I assume a moderator will be able to move the thread here.
    Cheers.

Lanyard

Originally posted by TerryG
    Posted a new thread in the General Award section, called "Lanyard". I would be grateful if you could take a look there and give me your views. I assume a moderator will be able to move the thread here.
    Cheers.
    After a closer look and much attempt at various "tests", I think the badge is indeed made of some kind of metal (leichtmetall???). I would still value your comments anyhow.

Comment

Lanyard

What, nobody knowlegeable or interested in these?

Comment

Hi Terry, I had a look at the pics of your lanyard in the other thread that you posted. I was worried when you thought it was made out of plastic but having read your later comments that it was made from metal (and seeing the pics) I have no concerns about the originality of your lanyard.
        Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Lanyard

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
          Hi Terry, I had a look at the pics of your lanyard in the other thread that you posted. I was worried when you thought it was made out of plastic but having read your later comments that it was made from metal (and seeing the pics) I have no concerns about the originality of your lanyard.
          Cheers, Ade.
          Thanks, 1st time I have handled one of these so better safe than sorry

Comment

Terry:
            Your lanyard looks fine. The metal used in their construction can give an impression of a type of hard plastic at a quick glance.

Does the reverse of the chord have a length of silver-white rayon sewn along it's length. The reverse of the badge usually has an oval piece of field gray cloth hand-sewn on to protect the uniform from fraying.
            CSP

sigpic

Comment

Lanyard

[QUOTE=ScottPritchett]Terry:
              Your lanyard looks fine. The metal used in their construction can give an impression of a type of hard plastic at a quick glance. THAT'S WHAT THREW ME TO START WITH. THE BADGE IS NOT FLAT BUT FOLLOWS THE VAGUE SHAPE OF THE KNOTED LOOP UNDERNEATH. AS I SAID, IT NOW LOOKS TO ME LIKE SOME KIND OF VERY LIGHT METAL.

Does the reverse of the chord have a length of silver-white rayon sewn along it's length. YES IT DOES

The reverse of the badge usually has an oval piece of field gray cloth hand-sewn on to protect the uniform from fraying YES IT DOES

Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Lanyard

I have this East German Lanyard and badge. This one I am sure is plastic or something similiar. Only cost $9.00. You get what you pay for.East German Lanyard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X