No announcement yet.

Interesting tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I think I'll pass. I've yet to own a tunic because I really haven't got the space to display one. Someday though....

Here it is folks.
    http://www.helmetsandheadgear.co.uk/uniform.htm

Comment

Nice tunic, I agree a russian zelt made tunic with green collar added. Here is one that is very similar. I would recommend that if you want only one tunic, get a good em/nco m36 issue tunic. They are imo the most representative of the german army. Jacques
      Attached Files

Comment

Jacgues, that looks like RH moleskin from the color? I have not seen a gray material like that for Russian tent cloth. They usually are like this in color and fabric. I have a couple tunics like that and think they were factory made.
        Attached Files

Comment

One I had once....sigh....

Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

John,

It is definitely a canvas type fabric, similar to your close up. The color on my pic is wrong, it is much more of a khaki green color.Jacques

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
            Jacgues, that looks like RH moleskin from the color? I have not seen a gray material like that for Russian tent cloth. They usually are like this in color and fabric. I have a couple tunics like that and think they were factory made.

Comment

This one is light weight wool like a shirt and is dark grey, they seem to range from mustard yellow to green and dark gray. I like these a lot but still think 850pounds is too much.
              Attached Files

Comment

Bonus 75th Jager Rgt. This is the darkest Lightweight tunic I have seen.
                Attached Files

Comment

John, have you noticed the shade of dark green on the collars, it is different to the standard m36 em and officer tunics? I have noticed it on your pics as well. Might be the pictures. I always thought mine was field taylored. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                    John, have you noticed the shade of dark green on the collars, it is different to the standard m36 em and officer tunics? I have noticed it on your pics as well. Might be the pictures. I always thought mine was field taylored. Jacques
                    I have not noticed the collars, I imagine they were getting badge cloth form overcoats later in the War where they could find it. Most the stuff on tailored tunics is wool twill in different bottle green shades and it does not seem to fade easily. You tunic may also be field made? Each one is different. The used the RH moleskin material to make lightweight tunics as well. It is the same shade as yours as the color is shown in the photo but will fade white. I have another one made out of Tropical tunic material that is neat but I do not have pictures of any of them on hand.

Comment

Here is mine that I kept, an untouched attributed PzJg that came with some docs and photos:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X