Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please opinions about eagle on tunic.

Hello Guys,

I would like to ask you what you think about this eagle on my tunic. I think it wasn`t replaced it is original to the tunic. Can you confirm that ? I think it is because the top part is machine sewn and it does NOT go through the lining material in the inside. The rest of the eagle is hand stiched.

THanks fellows.

regards, Les.
    Attached Files

On my monitor it appears that the entire eagle is hand stitched, but you have it in hand and I don't. The eagle looks original, which is the most important part. I don't see anything that indicates there was ever another eagle on it (which in itself doesn't mean anything as an eagle with more cloth backing would cover any evidence of a removed eagle).

Personally replaced birds don't bother me at all - so long as the bird is original and is professionally replaced (read sewn). The majority of eagles were removed after the war. I've found a number of tunics with the bird in the pocket. Most tunic collectors are aware of this and replaced eagles doesn't really affect the value of the tunic.

As a tunic collector I'd be interested in seeing the entire tunic.
    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Hi there,

thanks for your comment!!!! if you look just above the wings, from left to right and above the head of the eagle you see the stiching.
      Im not at home at the moment, but I have a website on which I have good photos of the tunic. Please have a look, here is the link to it ;

http://wehrmacht43.gportal.hu/gindex...47&gid=2255563

thanks very much ;

Les.

Comment

any more great comments and thoughts about it ?

Comment

It definitely appears to be all hand stitched to me, which is what I would expect on this type of eagle.

Comment

For a fact I know, its in hand that the top is machine sewn. Maybe on the photo its not showing but its there.

Comment

Looks like a good eagle. A very nice eagle at that. I like your display by the way. Your set up is very similar to mine. I added a panzer ID flag as a backdrop on mine and it looks outstanding.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
              X