Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermann Göring Fliegerblouse

Good evening,

I have the opportunity to pick this tunic up and I wanted to get some opinions on the stamp in it. As far as the blouse goes it's a primo example of a fliegerblouse with a factory applied eagle and what appears to be period applied original HG cufftitle and padded cloth para badge. Based on what I see in the pics, the tabs are original HG tabs (or at least period white base cloth). The tresse is kind of weird and not the standard Luft salt/pepper pattern, but it's not weird enough to make me run from it. The straps appear to be piped in wool/badge cloth rather than artificial silk as I would expect to see on a '44 dated tunic. The stamp has got me perplexed. According to the order-of-battle in Peterson's HG book, the FJ Rgt was constituted in mid/late '42 and sent to Tunis. This tunic is dated '44 and by that time I thought there had been numerous redesignations of the regiment?? So I guess the first question is: is the stamp even original or a fantasy configuration popped in to make it sexy?? Second, was this designation still legit in '44. I showed these pics to one guy today and he immediately said a Windbiel or Floch job from the "old days". This assertion came after looking at the pic of the stamp for about 2 seconds and saying they were so security conscious by '44 that no tunic would have a unit stamp in it.

According to the seller this tunic is right out of an attic (found during an estate clearance) and has been stored in a suit bag since the war. I know stories are worthless, but for the time being I have no reason to doubt his credibility. On a scale of 1-10 his knowledge of this stuff is -5 so I don't think he's screwing around (unless the stamp proves to be junk). He has blacklighted at the request of another interested party and nothing glows.

Any/all opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Bob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Waffenreich; 10-10-2008, 10:58 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Never seen the abbreviation Fllsch. for Fallschirm before - I don't like the unit stamp - which to me makes the the entire tunic suspect.

Comment

I was wondering about that as well

Comment

For what's it's worth, I've been told that on HG cuff bands, where there is stitching visible between the letters on the front that's a bad sign.

Rich
                      Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                      Decorations of Germany

Comment

Thanks for your comments so far guys.

I see what you're saying about the thread between the letters Rich, but that doesn't bother me as I've never seen a fake on velveteen material like this one is on (he sent other pics that show the material much better) and there are two original examples from G. Peterson in Williamson's cuffband book that are like this. Can anybody else support Rich regarding threads between letters or show/talk about a fake on this type of base cloth.

I'm not the kind of guy who will look for every angle to justify something, I just want to make sure we hit every aspect of each component before throwing this tunic to the dogs. Now, if the stamp is definately a fantasy thing then forget about it, it's junk.

Thanks and enjoy your weekends!!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
                          Never seen the abbreviation Fllsch. for Fallschirm before - I don't like the unit stamp - which to me makes the the entire tunic suspect.
                          I agree.

And, I am not fond of the NCO tresse and the way it was sewn on; both the collar and the straps. Not fond of the way the collar tabs have been sewn on either.

The jump badge is amlost impossible to know for sure, but based on the other concerns, it is unlikely.

I would pass on it.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

HG Tunic

Most of these guys are a lot better than I am on these, esp Willi. JMO, but I wouldn't dismiss this one because of the stamping. I would be more worried about the tresse and the sloppy work there than anything. Again, JMO, Alex

Comment

Hi Robert

Could you take a photo of the inside liner to see how the eagle was sewn? I want to know if the eagle was factory applied.
                              In your hand, do you think that the collar patches and thress aging match?

regards

Juan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X