Panzer Wraps Used by other Arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Wraps Used by other Arms?

Is there any proof that panzer wraps were ever used by the Luftwaffe pilots as an alternative to the Fliegerblouse?

George Peterson showed me original photos of Heer paratroopers wearing assault gun wrappers. They wore the cloth Heer para badge on those wrappers.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

A little off topic but maybe of some interest Italians wearing a copy of a German Panzer tunic during the RSI period (Italy 1943-45) Worn by two members of the Leonessa Tank Brigade. I believe they were Italian made to copy the German tunic although I have never seen one other than a few photos. More SS cut it seems
      Attached Files

Comment

Dubar1 – it depence what do you mean „panzer wraps” – only black uniform or also feldgrau.
        Feldgrau “Panzerjacke” used Panzergrnadiers from 130.Panzer-Lehr-Division and from 17.Pazner Division, Gebirgsjagers (maybe only officers) from 136.Gebirgs Jager Regiment, Jagers from Ski-Jäger-Regiment 1.

Best regards
        Hindus

Comment

Panzer Wraps worn by Non-Panzer Personnel

Hiya,

I forget what reference book I saw this in but the "Brandenburgers" wore Panzerwrappers with Jaeger sleeve insignia and Para badges (if qualified) on their left breast.

D.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X