Gebirgsjager Windjacke info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebirgsjager Windjacke info

I am new to collecting and looking for any input on the GJ windjacke..in particular the buttons? If I understand it correctly the original were horn buttons? what about other types of buttons, metal, paper pressed...I found a jacke but I believe it has the paper pressed type of buttons...any thoughts...what else should I be looking for in an original windjacke? Thoughts on pic below...thx

Interested in the 3 GD 138 rgt.
    Last edited by rato14; 10-08-2008, 06:51 PM.

Hello and wellcome to the forum
    You can find horn buttons as well as metal and pressed papers one, those being late war.
    You can do a search in the forum using windjacke word and you will get more accurate info.
    The best thing is to post pictures of the one being offered to you to see if it is original or not.
    Ace

Originally posted by rato14 View Post
    I am new to collecting and looking for any input on the GJ windjacke..in particular the buttons? If I understand it correctly the original were horn buttons? what about other types of buttons, metal, paper pressed...I found a jacke but I believe it has the paper pressed type of buttons...any thoughts...what else should I be looking for in an original windjacke?...thx

Interested in the 3 GD 138 rgt.

Comment

Windjacke picture

Comment

More pics to verify authenticity...

Comment

Looks good to me

Comment

Grüß Gott Jäger Rato,

Looks like a good Windjacke to me.

Here's one of mine with horn buttons:

Comment

thx for the advice and pics

nice setup...someday I'll post mine once I have it all together... if anyone could post more pics sometime so I know what to look for when it comes to GJ stuff I'd appreciate it...thx for your help...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X