Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

army female tunic????????

picked this up i was told its
    a female tunic there is a shadow of were something was sold over the breast pocket, the signal badge was already sewn on any opinions please.FORGOT TO MENTION THERE WAS A SMALL WAIST BELT ATTACHED AT SOME TIME NOW MISSING
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hayleyp; 10-05-2008, 09:06 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

4 Back Of Collar
        Attached Files

Comment

A

A

Comment

Inside Pocket

Inside Pocket Also There Is A Pen Pocket There As Well
            Attached Files

Comment

Markings

Markings
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

This uniform buttons up like a male uniform.

Regards,
                Wim.

Comment

The rounded breast pockets and color (olive-brown?) makes me believe it could be an Org.Todt tunic.
                  SEE EXAMPLE BELOW! (an OT doctor's uniform circa 1942), no shoulderboards from my collection)
                  Note rounded pocket bottom shape!

Not sure about the collar tresse... if that even fits the bill for OT???...
                  but I will look into that possibility!

You might want to re-post this piece in the civilian/police section (covers OT also),
                  as its not an armed forces piece as far as I can tell!
                  (something "male" and "para-military" is my bet)

Intriguing uniform and definately not female in cut!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 10-11-2008, 12:24 AM.

Comment

OK I've figured it out I think.

If the image in post 2 shows cuff button holes (I did not notice that earlier) and per the original description,
                    the tunic has or had a (cloth?) waist belt, this certainly started life as a genuine WW2 tunic,
                    possibly Org Todt, BUT was unfortunately post war converted to something civilian,
                    possibly for female use even, even though the button style is male.
                    There were lots of shortages early post ww2 in Germany so people were not that picky
                    and brown uniforms with modifications could pass for civilian garments.
                    It probably had horn or leather civilian buttons added post war.

This also explains the shape of the collar. In later years it was modified (restored) to look military again,
                    by adding pebbled buttons and the collar tresse was stitched on to make it appear to be somekind of female
                    "blitz madel" uniform...This because of the female looking collar/lapels.... but it maintained its male style button closure...
                    which is proof that it did NOT start life as an authentic female military tunic!

So my verdict:
                    Original para-military war time tunic, possibly OT, converted post war to civilian shape...
                    (civilian modifications: collar retailored, cuffs modified, cloth belt added etc...)
                    and partially restored back to a German "military looking" configuration by adding proper pebbled buttons
                    + collar tresse added to weird shape civilian shape collar... and a signals patch added (not shown)...
                    (all done to make people believe incorrectly that its a female war time piece).
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 10-11-2008, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X