No announcement yet.

Drillichrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. IMO this is an original RAD tunic. As to if the eagle has been added post-war or not, I would not like to say. But I have seen this done on Heer issue jackets. I have posted pictures of my jackets, RAD on the left and Heer issue on the right for comparison. The RAD jacket is dated 1938 and has had late war mouse grey Heer tress added to collar and is also marked with a Heer regimental stamp on the inside. Also it looks as if awards have been pinned to the front and a badge on the upper arm? Nick.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have pictures of RAD Bau Units that were absorbed into the Army and people in the unit are wearing Rad tunics with Army eagles mixing and matching hats etc. It is more likely the eagle was added after the War but a lot of RAD clothing and gear ended up being used by the Army.

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
            I have pictures of RAD Bau Units that were absorbed into the Army and people in the unit are wearing Rad tunics with Army eagles mixing and matching hats etc. It is more likely the eagle was added after the War but a lot of RAD clothing and gear ended up being used by the Army.
            I agree. You have to be open minded about such things...Like that green Schuma (police style) uniform example with TeNo stamps on the inside... and I've seen a Heer tunic with NSKK property stamps.... items did end up in other inventories sometimes... but the traces of a breast eagle proof nothing...a lot could have happened in the last 70 years... and with the RAD decreasing in size during the war (no longer mandatory to join RAD prior to joining the armed services) I can imagine that a lot of RAD uniform (fatigue) items did end-up with other branches...Kind of like pre-war black Algemeine SS uniforms being reallocated to Schuma Battalions (with tunic alterations) ...

Here's my RAD fatigue set (somewhat burried in my clutter collection...You can't see buttons...SORRY) but is a 6 button with pocket flaps and RAD property stamps...
            so no doubt here its RAD, but I still displayed it with a Heer (pzr) cap...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 10-20-2008, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X