Coastal Artillery bullion eagle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal Artillery bullion eagle?

I obtained this recently, a bullion eagle on a dark green background. What indicators point to a Coastal Artillery officer versus a Heer general's eagle? Thanks.

Matt
    Attached Files

Reverse

Reverse photo.
    Attached Files

Comment

I came across this old and brief thread and thought I'd try to revive it.

I'd love to get a coastal artillery officers bullion breast eagle. Problem is, since there's no discernible difference between them and a Heer general's eagles, the market charges insane prices (and I assume people pay them), despite that fact that it stands to reason that statistically speaking CA officers were a dime a dozen compared to Heer generals.

Add to that the problem that since the price is so inflated, it's a bigger target for fakes as well.

It's even worse than the enlisted KM gold buckle dilemma (i.e. market value way out of sync with the huge numbers of them produced). In this case of these eagles, people are spending big bucks on a 'rare' general's eagle which probably isn't even a general's eagle at all...not very satisfying.

I think once these eagles are removed from a tunic and taken out of context you can't really tell the difference, unless it's such poor quality that no self-respecting officer, let alone general would wear it.

Frustrating. Any thoughts?

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

I am inclined to agree that theoretically there would be no difference between the two types. Intriguing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X