Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaeger sleeve oval

Is this Jeager sleeve oval OK?
    I don't believe these were made for tropical use...(nor were edelweiss insignia)...
    So why in this brown light weight material? late war? or ? Embroidery is of good tight quality!
    Attached Files

the back...
    Strange one to me...
    Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks interesting, it appears to be typical late-war embroidery on thin rayon backing material but I have never seen this type before. I hope you get some more opinions.

Comment

While there were lots of unissued original examples, which are in our collections now, why would the Reich come up with a new pattern in the middle of the bombings?

Doesn't make sense for me.

Comment

Just an educated guess but what about it being a patch for the light weight summer tunics? M & T Militaria had such a Jaeger tunic for sale recently which was sold just before I asked for a photo of it, so he might still remember what the patch looked like on the one he had. The website address is...

www.mandtmilitaria.com

Comment

Dunno, but it's rather suspicious, that they appear only nowadays. At least I have never seen such a patch before.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian_GJR3 View Post
              Dunno, but it's rather suspicious, that they appear only nowadays. At least I have never seen such a patch before.
              I was PM'd by a fellow member that he was convinced that its an original a late war type
              and he had seen this exact same jager oval (period) applied on a late war tunic...
              Here it is "at home" with the other (common) ones that I've collected!
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's another one on brown backing!
                Its an old thread that I'm bringing back to the top for more input on these brown backed ones! (DAK??? Late war???)
                Thoughts?
                Attached Files

Comment

The flip side view!
                  Its a dealer offer and identical to mine...
                  Thoughts on this variation?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Greetings All,

These are late war Jaeger patches made on the cheese cloth material. I have a couple on the grey/brown color and a couple on a dark green material. I will post a scan soon.

Fred
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Fred Green; 03-03-2011, 06:50 AM. Reason: added photo

Comment

A thought occurred to me that perhaps these brown shaded patches were intended for use on the anorak or wind jacket some of which were brown in color. Pure speculation mind you but I ran this by Nick and he also thinks its a good theory.
                      Food for thought.

Phil

Comment

Greetings Phil,

I believe you are putting to much thought into it!! These late war embroidered on rayon patches(Eagles,Trapazoids, and jaeger patches) all come in a myriad of different minor variations in thread color and basic material color. I really doubt that they were meant for a specific uniform. IMHO.

Fred

Comment

Probably right there Fred but it does seem so unusual and by that I mean it is a completely different color to the other late patches on the rayon or cheesecloth type material. Like your patches that you posted, I have late war edelweiss patches on this same material and yes they do differ in color from almost black to a pale brown/grey but this particular patch is just so brown I cant help thinking that maybe it was done so for a reason.
                          Nevertheless, I really like the patch and Nick if you ever want to sell or see another at a dealers site please give me a PM.

Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X