• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick! Great Photos

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
      Nick! Great Photos
      Here's another Austrian fatigue Wehrmacht re-issue!
      (image originates from Austria...further proof that these are indeed AnschluB conversions!)

Check out those bellowed pockets, fly-front and "unpiped" (is that a word even?) early pointed shoulderboards!!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 08-19-2008, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Finnish Tunic Example In German Use

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
        ,,has anyone ever see a Latvian, Polish, Finnish, rework/reissue?
        Here's a Finnish example, an interesting picture, which fellow WAF member Olli Wikberg published in his "Meine Ehre Heist Treue" book.
        It was shown already in the Waffen SS section earlier this year (of course with Olli's approval...thanks Olli!)
        So for the sake of this topic, I'm repeating it here!
        Note the Finnish Waffen SS volunteer NCO on leave in Finland now donning his (old) Finnish M36 summer tunic...
        now modified with Waffen SS insignia! Posing with him a Finnish Army officer buddy in an unmodified version of the same tunic,
        which makes for a neat comparison!
        Note buttonless fly front and no skirt pockets... the pants are also Finnish...with bell bottoms...very un-German!!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 08-19-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Reworked Czech tunics and helmets were also used by foreign volunteers. Latvian police was outfitted in such unfiorms. Similarly Ukrainian "Roland" legion wore Czech tunics with Ukrainian/German insignia (but they kept the czech buttons!)

Comment

Here's another neat uniform study:
            A anschluB conversion tunic image from Bill Petz, recently posted in the photo section.
            All credit goes to Bill!

Note pocket flaps, breast eagle position + added German collar!
            Note also early Heer conversion Reichwehr schirmmutze with early TR eagle and added cockade to wreath which is a Reichwehr pattern still!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 10-04-2008, 01:02 AM.

Comment

What do you think?
              Attached Files

Comment

More.
                Attached Files

Comment

More.
                  Attached Files

Comment

21 shows Austrian tunics and hats with dark green collars and WH insignia, 23 is a Dutch tunic. The tunic is 22 looks German issue but the hat is very interesting. Someone in headgear may know what that is. Nice Photos, I need to dig mine out.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I just posted a thread on this forum and now, really by accident, I come across this thread. please take a look. I bought this photocard today. And I thought it would be Autrian (but than I thought they only had the batwing scalloped pocketflaps). The tunic certainly looks like those on the first pics here.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=376122

Is is Anschluss converted?
                      Last edited by -Herbstnebel-; 08-23-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                        Here's a Finnish example, an interesting picture, which fellow WAF member Olli Wikberg published in his "Meine Ehre Heist Treue" book.
                        It was shown already in the Waffen SS section earlier this year (of course with Olli's approval...thanks Olli!)
                        So for the sake of this topic, I'm repeating it here!
                        Note the Finnish Waffen SS volunteer NCO on leave in Finland now donning his (old) Finnish M36 summer tunic...
                        now modified with Waffen SS insignia! Posing with him a Finnish Army officer buddy in an unmodified version of the same tunic,
                        which makes for a neat comparison!
                        Note buttonless fly front and no skirt pockets... the pants are also Finnish...with bell bottoms...very un-German!!
                        Very interesting Nick! I wonder how many collectors would write this Finnish modified tunic off as a strange, put together fantasy SS tunic if it would ever turn up!

Comment

Since I believe at the time of the takeover that the Czech army was the laregest in all of europe no doubt the 3rd reich would have utilized the clothing stocks anyway possible.. a waste not world in europe back then it was... JMHO Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                            Since I believe at the time of the takeover that the Czech army was the laregest in all of europe no doubt the 3rd reich would have utilized the clothing stocks anyway possible.. a waste not world in europe back then it was... JMHO Billbert
                            Yes definately! A friend of mine once had a mint Czech gasmask with canvas bag full of WaA stamps... the same thing goes for the large stocks of Wehrmacht material after 1945.

Comment

Austrian

Originally posted by -Herbstnebel- View Post
                              Hi everyone!

I just posted a thread on this forum and now, really by accident, I come across this thread. please take a look. I bought this photocard today. And I thought it would be Autrian (but than I thought they only had the batwing scalloped pocketflaps). The tunic certainly looks like those on the first pics here.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=376122

Is is Anschluss converted?

Hi Herbstnebel. Check my Austrian Heer converted drillich tunic.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Christian_GJR3 View Post
                                Hi Herbstnebel. Check my Austrian Heer converted drillich tunic.
                                Thank you christian! Very unusal, thanks for sharing! The uniform on my photocard doesn't look like this tunic at all. Now I'm sure it's not Austrian, but most likely Czech.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X