Janke tunic vs. Original tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janke tunic vs. Original tunic

Last month I had the opportunity to take in my hand one "Janke" production combat tunic (M42). I have to say I haven't seen the differences with an original tunic! So I ask at every member of this Forum: does anyone have any information about the differences (if there are!) between an original tunic and a Janke production tunic?
    Thanks in advance for your answers.moremad

Janke tunics

Alex,

As a matter of fact, since I am a re-enactor, I do own a Janke tunic. It looks really sharp. I couldn't say to you what is different from the originals, but I would be extremely careful if you would find some mint tunic (M36, M40, M42, M43, M44,... you name it!). What I like most in Janke product line are the visor caps: really nice, but you can tell that they are repros because they are using materials that in WWII didn't exist or weren't used. The craftmanship is just dead on! I was told that one of the giving aways of Janke tunics, were the stamped sizes' measurements inside on the liner of tunic; Janke's numbers are bigger than the originals. Of course I would also do a black light test, just in case if with the Janke tunics are using flourescent modern materials.

By the way Alex, where did you see one of this tunic; was it in Europe? I do know that only 2 or 3 dealers in the USA can carry and sell his products on their catalogues. Furthermore they are coming from Germany without insignia, because of the German legislation. I have heard that Janke's tailors and hat makers are getting very old and it's very diffucult for him to replace them, since there aren't anymore young skilled labour, especially for these kind of items.

I have heard that Janke does have attend Shows in Germany but doesn't want to sell to americans there, because he has his own contacts with dealers in the USA. Therefore he does only sell to dealers oversea... Can anybody confirm me that?

Per Alex: dove hai visto che questa giacca Janke di cui parli? In Italia? Chi te l'ha mostrata? Mi piacerebbe sapere se i suoi articoli possono essere comprati direttamente da lui... Scusami la mia curiosità, ma ti sarei grato se mi potessi rispondere. Grazie!

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X