Comment

inside pocket
      Attached Files

Comment

other pocket
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't like it.
          Don't like the collar and the overall appearance.
          It even looks like a converted Swedish tunic, but I might be wrong on this.

But let's wait for the experts their opinions, I'm sure that they will be able to tell you more.

Best regards,
          Vincent S.

Comment

Looks like a bad one.

Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

The seller is offering it as part of a US uniform grouping, he thinks its and Ike Jacket, which made me lean toward it being original. I've asked for more/better pictures for more details. I looked back at some older threads, there were some original pictures with the same style collar.

Comment

IMO never fall into the trap of thinking that because something is not identified correclty it is real. This is an old trick used by dealers that know people fall for this. They list fake German items in WWII British etc. to make them look like a "sleeper" deal.

Also repros have been made for decades now, people die and antiques dealers come in, someone that normally sells Beanie babies and depression glass saw an Ike jacket once, so they id a fake as that unknowingly and list it.

If it is 75 dollars buy it and you can get your money back selling it as a repro. If they want 400 dollars for it something is going on. I agree with the others it does not look okay based on what can be seen. Better photos would help.

Comment

It isn't a Swedish tunic converted unless it was completely taken apart as it doesn't have the seam in the back. The color appears to me to be the correct late war color, what I would call a brownish-green but Janke has had that color reproduced for some time.
                  I cannot say for sure that it is a reproduction but as said before, if he is only wanting $75-$125 for it, it is worth that as a reproduction and once you have it in hand you can determine if it may be an original. If it is, then you have yourself a bargain.
                  Denny

Comment

Here's a picture of the collar, looks like zig zag pattern. I was thinking like you guys, if I get it cheap, it doesn't matter if it repro or not.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Also this "ghostley" number "30" is inside.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X