Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK enamled building sign

Hello,

I wanted to get some opinions on the price of an enamled NSKK building sign.The sign is worn ,the edges have chips .I wish i had pictures.the gentleman was asking $375 which i thought was a little high then again im a cheap bastard...even then I was tempted..it one of those things you just liked when you saw it and have to have.I decide to do my homework and sleep on it first.Anyone have a ballpark estimate on the value?

Yancy

Hello Yancy, these items are hard to price as there are not many that are still around. Occasionally you see one pop up here and there. Price would depend mostly on aesthetics and size. I had purchased a large (1 meter by 2/3 meter) German enamel shield for the DAF about a year ago for $230 US. It has one inconspicuous bullet hole, some slight bends and creases and some chipping. I value these in the $200 to $500 range as there isn't a great likelyhood that many have survived. These weren't really something that people wanted to be caught with and generally weren't that easy to hide. The true value is what one will pay to obtain one. Unlike medals, badges, awards and the like, these don't seem to have as many individuals collecting them.
    Richard V

Comment

Check the Auctions

Manion's had one in January. The seller was asking $175. Berlin Auction house also had one and they were asking about the same. I am looking at signs to hang in the roof rafters of my favorite watering hole, that is the only reason I know something at this time. So far no luck on ebay/epier. Richard is right, these are only worth what one will pay. $375 sounds a bit high, but I haven't seen the sign. Is it large? What is the condition? $375 may be a fair start. You know you can always make a counter offer. You will have a 50/50 chance he will sell at your offer which is better odds than Las Vegas. Good luck.

Comment

Something I negleted to mention is that a lot of the value will be placed on the item depending on what is on it. A sign that is nothing but text, even though it may have something like NSKK or NSDAP in the text, may go for somewhat less $ than a sign that has a really cool motif or symbol along with the text. Size will matter some as well. It does, however, all boil down to the fact of what is it worth to you?
        Richard V

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the info,when the guy whos selling it gets back home from vacation ill see if he'll send some pics I can post,Im sure alot of the value would,like you said depend on the text etc.maybe it will be easier to price when you have a picture to look at.I dont really have that much interest in the NSKK,that was just something I saw that really caught my eye and being that all of the things in my collection are common,easy to obtain items when I see something thats not that common my instinct says to buy it,luckly im a cheap skate so I can talk myself out of buying anything(you dont really need a $375 dollar enamled sign do you!!! )which is why I left without shelling out the $375 that day.Now im still undecided as there are a few nice items I can get in my areas of interest(HJ,RAD,tinnies)for that kind of money.

Yancy

Comment

Yancy,
            Life is full of choices. We all make good ones and more bad ones along the way. Things that I jumped on in the past are now not important. Items I treasured and would never sell are now with friends with special arrangements. Go for what gives you pleasure and enjoyment. . . and do not spend what you cannot afford to lose.
            Since I adopted my new attitude, this hobby has become fun again. Especially since I had alot and now I am getting what I really want for fun, (never again as an investment). I too am still looking for some cool rare inexpensive enamel signs for my watering hole.

Maybe I will find one of those rare Kentucky diamond signs, one of a kind, take my word for it items. Oh yeah, right.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X