Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe pilot.

Hi all,

I would like to know what this mannequin it worth these days.
    It comes from a rather older collection but is all original.
    The only sad part is that the collar has been replaced because of heavy moth damage.
    I can't take it apart to look for stamps because it is not mine.
    The zipper has been marked zipp with a lightning flash, the armband has been stamped with a circle with luftwaffe on top and luftwaffebefehlshaber at the bottom.

Greetings,

Stahlhelmwilly

p.s.: It is not for sale!

Hi,

IMO it will be somewhere between 3000 and 3500 Euro's if everything is 100% original. However, the flight helmet doesn't suit the mannequin as it is winterclothing and they most certainly would wear a Lkpw100 or Lkpw 101 flight helmet with this suit. I wouldn't put the armband around this mannequin either. I know many collector's are fund of these armbands but lets' not forget they were only used late 1944 till 1945. Only to defend the Reich in order that when shot down over Germany they would be recognized by the people. This suit doesn't really match late war.

Comment

The jack and trousers are the kanalhose and kanaljacke like they were indeed used in the early years of the war.
      I also knew that the armband was used for recognition when flying over german territory, but i think my friend put it on the mannequin just for the looks.
      I am no LW expert, i would have to ask him about the flight helmet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X