LW flight jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW flight jacket

Hello, I am not expert on flight uniforms, this is a WWII jacket or post-war? It has not markings.
    Mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

No problem, it's an original one but the zippers on the cuffs have been replaced at one time. Front zipper is early war till 1944, cuff zippers are late war, from 1944 to 1945, as they are plastic ones

Comment

I agree that it´s a nice period jacket. But IMO the zippers are not replaced. It is not uncommon to see garments with both metal and plastic zippers.

Regards
              Andreas
              Looking for luftwaffe pilot/aircrew portrait photos with flight equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Nilsson View Post
                I agree that it´s a nice period jacket. But IMO the zippers are not replaced. It is not uncommon to see garments with both metal and plastic zippers.
                I agree. It's very common for the front zipper to be one brand and the sleeve zippers another and that can result in a metal/plastic combo. Had the two sleeve zippers been different from each other, I'd be more worried.

Comment

You all could be wright but frankly I've never seen two different zippers before.
                  But I won't argue. But you agree it's a late war one. This was IMO opinion only possible late war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X