Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichswehr or Dutch army belts.

Hello:

I have a number of photos of Reserve and Ersatztruppen with a brown leather belt and plain latch-type buckle - not a 'Schnalle' like the Wehrmacht type. I always thought these were captured Dutch belts, but then in a period book about the Reichswehr I noticed very similar belts. Does anyone have any information?

Besten Dank

Erich Craciun

German Belts

Erich, if you mean belts with "frame"-type buckles, the Germans issued these extensively as Ersatz in WWI; no doubt many were reissued after the war.

Comment

Erich, if you do mean the "frame-type" buckle (like a Schnalle, but no prongs), this was the cavalry belt buckle in the old Imperial army, and became the first official Reichswehr belt buckle in 1919 for all troops - right up to 1925, when the familiar Reichswehr box buckle was introduced. But maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and you mean something else entirely...
      Greetings, Schleppfux

Comment

Reichswehr or Dutch Army Belts

Hallo Schleppfux!

thank you for the reply. I believe that you are correct. I jsut have fotos of both types of 'frame' belt buckles and I imagine that they are the early Reichwehr frame type buckles - BUT the Dutch belts look very much the same!

Thank you,

Erich

ende

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
        X