Luftwaffe pants opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe pants opinions please!

What do you think of these pants? Original or repros? Seller says color difference on pictures due to camera. I would appreciate all comments please. Thanks, Pete
    Attached Files

2nd view
    Attached Files

Comment

3rd view
      Attached Files

Comment

4th view
        Attached Files

Comment

5th view
          Attached Files

Comment

last shot, What do you guys think?
            Attached Files

Comment

dp
              Last edited by NickG; 06-13-2008, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I like the materials used but I just do not recognize the style (waist strap?) and the hems at the bottom are very unusual for military pants...???
                So perhaps private purchase made not following patterned styles or post war made for civilian use using war time materials?? or war time dress pants.
                If it was a repro they would repro a "combat cut" style pants in an existing style like keilhosen...
                my 2 cents
                Nick

Comment

Nick, Could these then be war time dress pants that were hemmed post war? Thanks, Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Peter A Larson View Post
                    Nick, Could these then be war time dress pants that were hemmed post war? Thanks, Pete
                    That might be the case!! The hemmed bottoms are weird but not too troublesome...you can always stuff these inside some jackboots! If I owned these I would gladly use them on a LW mannequin.

Comment

I've seen a pair of LW officer trousers that were period cuffed at least once before and they belonged to a RK/EL bearer. They may have been summer whites (it's been almost 30 years ago) but the cuffs I very much remember.

Heck these guys were Air Force for Pete's sake, they wore what they wanted!! They were certainly not going to let some stiff shirt military convention and regulation get in the way of style and fashion.

Comment

Well they were on German ebay, and I bid and was high when I left to go to grandsons motocross race. Was outbid when I came home and auction was over. I could not wait til last minute, as I was at races. I think they were good. Thanks for your input guys!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X