• Show
Clear All

Inf OFF Summer uniform

Hi all,
    This one is for sale for 650 EUR.
    What do you think?
    Thanks & bye.
    Frank

For me this one's in the gray area of being not that bad a price, but the condition is rough - in other words, if you would ever need to sell it it might be hard to do so. The eagle looks like it's just been tacked on.

Don

Comment

I don't believe the EKII ribbon is original to the tunic... it shows zero wear or age

Comment

Also, one of the tabs is sewn on backward.

Steve

Comment

Stay away from this. For a few 100$ more you can buy a tunic withouth questions...
          http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

I would pass aswell, I also belive you can find better for the same amount..

Kind regards
            Jens

Comment

It isn't worth the price. Better spend a bit more for a mint condition one.
              My motto is : condition, condition, condition !

Comment

condition, condition, condition???

Condition, condition, condition?
                I think it has A LOT OF character in this (field use) condition....I love the shoulderboards in this weathered condition and collar and trouser repairs. Reversed litzen could be a period oversite not uncommon at all! Some people (like myself) don't mind paying too much for "experienced" pieces, like this light weight summer tunic. Its been places (Caucasus front?), who knows? If it could only talk!

On the other hand many prestine flawless (minty) uniforms are nothing but left over "best wear" garments that survived because these were left in family closets at home ("urlaub uniforms" not "front einsatz" uniforms ...not very thrilling to me such mint closet survivers, never exposed to the elements of the steppes of Mother Russia!! Unlike this (weather beaten) set!
                This piece talks to you!!!! I like it A LOT!!
                Last edited by NickG; 06-14-2008, 07:27 PM.

Comment

That's good for you Nick if you like it. I would say go for it. Still you won't change my opinion. Condition is what makes something worth. Look at the prizes of mint things and than look at the prices of worn out things ! Also, when you buy a worn off thing, just try to sell it a year later !!? Nobody wants it my dear old chap. I've experienced it so many times in my collecting carreer, allthough I still think that things that have been there are HISTORICAL more worth.

Comment

i would like to say i like combat worn tunics, but al its insignia should be original to the tunic ore atleast properly restored and mentioned.
                    Sure mint german tunics are great to,but i think harder to find then the used ones
                    but with commenwealht and free forces serving them,it looks like its the opposite way, there it is hard to find a combat worn tunic with original
                    insignia

but its al depends how your collection is made out,ore how you see your own collection

i would say, tray to go for used but not abused tunics
                    and if proven rare like lets say a field divisons smock of the lw
                    i would'n mind if its more battle worn

best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X