Tropical Panzer Boards Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Panzer Boards Help

Hi, I wonder if you can help . Can anyone make comments or opinions on these boards. Thanks for your help. I hope the photos are good enough.
    Attached Files

backs
    Attached Files

Comment

tongue
      Attached Files

Comment

button hole
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dennis,
          I don't believe these straps are original for several constructional reasons, and the brown wool base looks far too course to be wartime tropical greatcoat cloth...
          I look forward to other opinions,
          Mark.

Comment

Hi Dennis

Here is another set of early tropical EM Pz boards to compare...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 09-11-2008, 11:29 PM.

Comment

tongue, hope this helps.

regards
              Tim
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 09-11-2008, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Hmmmm.....
                I seem to agree with NZMarK.
                It must be a new generation of fakes than.
                Dennis can you PM me as to where you bought these?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by 240stevek View Post
                  Hmmmm.....
                  I seem to agree with NZMarK.
                  It must be a new generation of fakes than.
                  Dennis can you PM me as to where you bought these?

Steve
                  I don't know how new since I have had them for about 10 years. I took them in on a trade from a local collector, who bought them from a small militaria dealer from Cape Cod, Mass. They are minty new condition though. I would think that we would see more of these around by now.

Comment

Dennis,

Your straps are fake. Sorry. Tim's Straps are 100% . Look at the construction and you will see what I'm talking about.

Steve

Comment

Steves OK, Your saying they are fake I understand, Do you mind pointing out the paticulars in construction. I may have a bad eye for this stuff, but other than the
                      color of thread around the eyelets from the pictures of the originals . The pics are a lot smaller and less detailed. I only see the eyelet thread being a different color and the fold of the tongues looking like in a different position. The ribbing material looks the same ,the piping looks the same The thread and stitching looks the same other than the the originals are much more faded from what I can see. The wool even looks the same. What am I missing. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                        Steves OK, Your saying they are fake I understand, Do you mind pointing out the paticulars in construction. I may have a bad eye for this stuff, but other than the
                        color of thread around the eyelets from the pictures of the originals . The pics are a lot smaller and less detailed. I only see the eyelet thread being a different color and the fold of the tongues looking like in a different position. The ribbing material looks the same ,the piping looks the same The thread and stitching looks the same other than the the originals are much more faded from what I can see. The wool even looks the same. What am I missing. Thanks

Well for me,the piping itself is an attempt to copy that of original rayon.

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Glen, thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X