Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arm band & unknown flying cloth insignia

Greetings,

I am relatively new to the forum, and would like to share two pieces of my collection.

The first is an arm band that is interesting in that it has 2 stamps.
    I'm not certain what the stamps mean, I think they might have been akin to getting stamped for attendance at a rally maybe?

stamp close up:

I paid about $80 for it back when I was in Highschool. Any idea about the significance and present market value of this armband?

The next item is a cloth insignia I liked just because it had wings and a propeller on it (I am a pilot)

I believe it was an early party oraganization, a sort of flying club?
    Anybody have any more information on this piece? What would it have been from?

I can't remember what I paid for it... maybe aout $40... any idea on its present value? It is about 5 inches wide, and 3 inches tall.

Any information or comments on my items would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Christian

Hello and welcome to the forum. I cant say much about the other cloth piece. But the armband is of corse a standard party band. These sell for around $50.00 to $60.00 usualy. Stamps on item like this worry collectors. Yours are probably fine. If an item is stamped more than once people look at and say why? Best regards.

Comment

Welcome, the bottom is insignia for the DLV sports shirt, sort of the forerunner of the Luftwaffe, it appears original, I can't be certain on the armband with the photos but it appears to be constructed correctly.

Comment

The second one would be for the "Deutscher LuftsportVerband"

Comment

Thank you for the quick replies! I will certainly research the second piece with the provided information!

-Christian

Comment

Christian, can you get an in-focus shot of the stampings on the armband?

Comment

Found this looking for something else. Apparantly like John said it's not an armband.

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Cloth/c975b.htm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X