grossdeutchland cipher question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grossdeutchland cipher question

quick query for the experts at large;were grossdeutchland shoulder boards ciphers ever originally cast or are all observed examples stamped?thanks

You mean, could an Unteroffizier have cast cyphers on his shoulderboards or was it always sewn on the boards ? Yes, that is certainly possible. The shoulderboards for non-officers could also have cast/metal GD cyphers.

Comment

I think he is asking if GD cyphers were cast items or stamped items. Are cast GD cyphers real or repro?

Comment

I have NEVER seen cast cyphers that I considered genuine.

Comment

thanks for the response and for the clarification of my unclear question.anyway,ive included a pic.
          Attached Files

Comment

In my opinion I don't believe these cyphers originally came with these boards. If they had been there from day 1 there would be or should be some wear or marks on the braid but I don't see any. So in my opinion I feel these cyphers were added to enhance the price of the straps but that is just my opinion. Have you examined the stars on these straps?

Comment

Gd

I have two sets of the GD shoulderboard insignia. One pair are frosted silver and the second pair are gold finish BOTH are stamped with two small attaching prongs. I have never seen solid backed that I thought were real. I hope this helps.
              Regards,
              Dick

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't know exactly what you mean with cast or stamped.
                One thing is for sure, they have to be hollow backed. The cyphers do NOT belong IMO to the shoulderboards shown in the pic. They would certainly have left a mark on the shoulderboards and I can't see any mark. Also IMO those cyphers look to "floppy".

Jan

Comment

thanks for your patience guys.ok,here is my reasoning;in this scam,oops i mean scan,it appears there are casting flaws on the side and there is a tiny metal bead on the downstroke of the D.i dont see how this is consistent with an item which is stamped with a die.thanks again
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X