Kradschutz boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kradschutz boards

Are these the right color for Kradschutz or are the pumped up LW signals? I do not have anything Army items to compare them to but they appear similar to my Luft nachrichten items. Thanks
    Attached Files

Kupferbraun

Hi,
    This is a tough call, since IMHO even the Germans did not seem to settle on a standardized kupferbraun for recon, and I've seen different colors on pieces that were arguably original.
    That said, these look more like Luft signals to me, as the "conventional wisdom" for kupferbraun gives it a more coppery/pinkish hue. (In fact, it is often mistaken for Panzer, and I know some collectors who have been the inadvertent beneficiaries of that, since the Waffenfarbe itself is extremely rare.)
    Regards,
    Bob Edwards

Comment

They are darker than the scan where they are reflecting light. I will post a digital image.

Comment

I would think that the matt bullion used for the board overlay would be a big plus toward it being Heer as it seems to me that most actual LW officer boards were in bright Aluminium.

Comment

This is not much better but you can see they are a little darker. The gilt is gone from the front of the cyphers but they appear well seated and there is less fading behind them.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Johnny R; 05-30-2008, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Only one time have I ever encountered an enlisted copper brown-piped in wool on field grey which I have kept as an example of the wool piping. I can send you an image of this if it helps.

Comment

Thanks, there is a lot of variation, I just want to see if these fall into the known range of browns. It matches the example in the Davis book Board and Collar #52 but is lighter than the color shown in the Angolia Schlicht book.

Comment

Your copper brown wool base is very close to the wool piping I have on the collar of a black panzer wrap. The tabs and boards are rayon piped, so they are a tad lighter due to fading, while the wool has held the color better. I agree with Phil that the subdued matt bullion would indicate Heer, and the "K"s being seated as you describe would indicate they are exactly what you titled them.

Richard P.

Comment

Thank you for your help, I wish I had the Tunic these guys would go on. Nice boards by themselves though.

Comment

Keep them long enough and one may come your way. Yes...they are nice boards by themselves.

Richard P

Comment

I agree!! I do not feel that they are LW.

Comment

Nice set of boards. I have a set I posted a while back.Everyone felt they were the correct Copper Brown.Very close to the color on your set.WR jim

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=copper+brown

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
                          Nice set of boards. I have a set I posted a while back.Everyone felt they were the correct Copper Brown.Very close to the color on your set.WR jim

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=copper+brown
                          Thanks Jim. I can tell by looking at the image they are the same as the ones I posted. I always thought the color shown in the Angolia Schlicht book was too dark. Mine are a dead ringer for what he has illustrated as Corps of Engineer Officers in the line underneath Krad.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X