Heer M44 flatwire eagle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer M44 flatwire eagle?

Given the shorter wingspan on this eagle I am presuming that it may be a 1944 pattern aluminum flat wire eagle? It is on a tailored NCO's uniform made from captured coarse Soviet linen.

Chuck
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vonStubben; 01-29-2009, 11:12 PM.

I see no picture or replies to this thread but I have a question: are these flatwire M44 legitimate? I always saw them in grey/green in wear. Any pic or information? thanks

Comment

Yes.
      They are kind of rare.

Comment

M44 Flatwire

Greetings Matt,

I have one and will post a pic later today.

Fred

Comment

Eagles

Greetings Chuck,

Sorry for over looking this thread. I thought I had responded but there were 2 other similiar threads. Here we go. The first picture are the earlier ones and the next page the later ones.

Fred
          Attached Files

Comment

Eagles

Page 2
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Fred for the photos. I think that pretty much puts the question to bed as they are identical. I think it's pretty neat how the tailor cut and folded mine instead of applying it in the triangular fashion.

Thanks again!

Chuck
              Attached Files

Comment

i think there is more chance that the eagle is a prewar parade/walking out flatwire eagle and not a cut out M44 eagle

Comment

Originally posted by vic7 View Post
                  i think there is more chance that the eagle is a prewar parade/walking out flatwire eagle and not a cut out M44 eagle

I too have examples of the early flatwire eagle on grey wool, then the lighter green and finally the dark green, these are all different than the M44 flatwire in that the wings are the longer variety on the three earlier examples. This is an M44 flatwire eagle with the shorter wingspan that has been cropped there's no doubt about it.

Chuck

Comment

Here's my m44 eagle. I'd really like to see some period pics showing this variant
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X