Boards - Panzer or Luftwaffe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boards - Panzer or Luftwaffe?

I just picked up this beautiful set of matched Hauptmann shoulderboards. My question is, are they Panzer or for Luftwaffe engineers or could they be either or? Could the bright silver wire boards like these be worn on Panzer walking out dress uniforms? All opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Barry
    Attached Files

--
    Attached Files

Comment

----
      Attached Files

Comment

Barry,
        I would say panzer parade / walking out dress boards
        Jerry

Comment

Or perhaps for use on a blk/grn wraparound that was used as a "dress" garment.

The walking out dress coats often had sew-in style.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Most parade boards were sewn into the tunic(as stated by Byron).

I feel that they are most likely

1. Luftwaffe Engineer Corps

or

2. Luftwaffe Hermann Goering Division post March1943 Panzer Officer for the wrapper or Fliegerbluse(Luftwaffe Field Divisions did not have a Panzer arm).

Of course, the Heer could have used them too but it would not have been "textbook".

Comment

I agree with Paul that LW engineers corps is very plausible
              but who knows...maybe it belongs to a Panzer Ace?
              I agree that most "best dress" uniform boards are sew-ins but what about white summer uniforms?
              Here a well known picture of Tiger Ace Otto Carius in his best dress summer tunic
              with (perhaps shiny) slip-on Pzr boards, in accordance with regulations for walking out uniforms.
              Its all speculation at this point! Nice set, can go both ways really!!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 05-14-2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Well if you are buying them, panzer or LW Engineer. If you sell them they are HG!

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                  Well if you are buying them, panzer or LW Engineer. If you sell them they are HG!
                  I couldn't have said it better!
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post

Unless it is me and I will correct you and tell you that they are engineer beyond a doubt and that the price is ridculous!

Comment

So what did the panzer troops of the "Herman Goring Panzer Division" wear for waffenfarbe?

http://members.aol.com/ItalyWW2/Luftwaffe.htm#HG_Div

Comment

Please see posts 1-4. This is something I did up(composite of all the known reference books by me last year). It explains the various speciality colors. The waffenfarbe for the HG units was white, with a few exceptions. However, the member's speciality was determined by either the outer piping of the collar tabs(until Mar43) or the piping on the shoulder boards(post Mar43). This unit had many different insignia regulation changes during the war. So instead of rewriting everything...:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18342

Post March43, the regs say that the Panzer troops should have been wearing a pink piped shoulder board. Before Mar43, they would have worn the white piped shoulder boards!

Comment

Here is my set like these. They also have a shiny finish. They have 2 types of pips both squared to the board.

Comment

I have seen such bright straps on black walking out wraps as well as fieldbluses.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X