Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flieger Bluse Advice Please

Hi ,

I have ben offered this Fliegerbluse. I am mainly an Army collector but always wanted one of these. I have no idea how good the copies are(The lost battalions site just does not have the detail in their photos). My instinct says that this is good, but I would welcome any coments

The Pics will show a Frontal. The eagle Collar Patch and inside markings.

Thanks Mark
    Attached Files

Hi Mark -

I will defer to our Luftwaffe experten on the site, but I like the tunic overall. I am concerned about the stitching on the eagle, however. I've never seen the stitching run so far into the actual insignia. I have a feeling it was probably reattached, and/or is a reproduction.

Don

Comment

Hi Don,
      I agree on the eagle I have yet to search the thread on the Luftwaffe eagles that ran a few weeks ago. It's really the stamps that I need help with, they are not typical of the type I am used to in Army tunics and the underline is odd. If a repro normally there is a pattern in the fakers use of them ie they tend to turn up regularly.

Thanks

Mark

I will defer to our Luftwaffe experten on the site, but I like the tunic overall. I am concerned about the stitching on the eagle, however. I've never seen the stitching run so far into the actual insignia. I have a feeling it was probably reattached, and/or is a reproduction.

Don[/QUOTE]

Comment

I wouldn't suggest focusing on what repros are currently available. These FBs have been made from original blankets and greatcoats. I sure do have a concern with the markings and the eagle. I don't like the sloppy way the gulls were applied to the one collar tab. I also don't like what I see of the inside lining. Can we see some more photos? A view of the inside were the eagle is sewn, underneath the collar tabs, inside view of the lining, etc.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Willi,

I'll try to get more photos from the seller. As I said Fliegerbluses are not my area of expertise. so most grateful for your comments

Regards

Mark

I wouldn't suggest focusing on what repros are currently available. These FBs have been made from original blankets and greatcoats. I sure do have a concern with the markings and the eagle. I don't like the sloppy way the gulls were applied to the one collar tab. I also don't like what I see of the inside lining. Can we see some more photos? A view of the inside were the eagle is sewn, underneath the collar tabs, inside view of the lining, etc.

Willi[/QUOTE]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X