AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kreigsmarine Affe Jacket & Belt... Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreigsmarine Affe Jacket & Belt... Opinions?

Hi Guys,
    As i am on a nice learning curve and enjoying every minute of it mind you i need some opinions on a couple of pieces.
    Affe Jaecke - Monkey Jacket
    Belt

They look good to me but need opinions and possible rank or is this a formal piece of attire?

All information and discussion welcome.... opinions?

Hi, both pieces look OK.

The belt was for officier and was worn with the formal and paradeuniforms as dress belt.

The tunic is for a junior NCO, a Obermaschinenmaat.
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
      Hi, both pieces look OK.

The belt was for officier and was worn with the formal and paradeuniforms as dress belt.

The tunic is for a junior NCO, a Obermaschinenmaat.
      Thank you Eduardo

So your opinions on my Prince Eugen Cruiser cap and would it have been worn with the jacket?

Comment

that's one extremely nice set. thanks for posting.

Comment

Would the cap have had any insignia on it? eg Hoheitsabzeichen?

Comment

Yes brocade belt is indeed for an officer, unrelated to the uniform. The NCO tunic is REALLY nice, 4.7.1935 dated and properly stamped BAW (BekleidungsAmt Wilhelmshafen),
            The sailor's cap would need an eagle and cockade on the crown to complete it.

Comment

right I know the belt is for officers. I meant "set" as in an accumulation. ordinary seamen wore the std. black service belt with this rig I quite sure... again it's great to see these things.

Originally posted by NickG View Post
              Yes brocade belt is indeed for an officer, unrelated to the uniform. The NCO tunic is REALLY nice, 4.7.1935 dated and properly stamped BAW (BekleidungsAmt Wilhelmshafen),

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                Do you have an example of what would be needed to finish the cap? eg color of the donald duck eagle size and placement?

I have a small donald duck eagle in gold and the cockade would be just the bulls eye style?

Comment

To answer your question, here's mine:
                  (note that the eagle should be gold in color but mine is tarnished or worn off...)
                  Attached Files

Comment

close up of KM mutze for better idea of placement of insignia! (again the eagle has lost its golden wash...)
                    (a friend and foe image!)
                    BTW I love the fact that your cap is "Pekuro" marked. Nice private purchase maker!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sweet dude!!!

Cheers thanks great reply!!! Love your work

What is the dimensions on both of those badges? and are they standard? The thing is with the cap is that it has no sign of hole where they should have been pinned?????

Perhaps never used in service???

I have an eagle but not the cockade... anyone have a spare 4 sale?

Also if possible are you able to post pics of the rest of the uniform? I need to see examples of the pants, shirt and scalf!!

On the way to a set, so why not make it a project!!!

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=289839

KM experts, would this be the correct patch for my jacket?

Please give me your opinions asap!!!

Regards,

Justin

Comment

Hi Justin, this kind of eagle could be use for your tunic, but for a junior NCO tunic as this I like a more quality one, in heavy cotton thread or in Celeon, like these.
                          Attached Files
                          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Thanks for the help on this one guys!!!

Much appreciated!!!

Comment

I've been stdying these items and have now purchased the correct insignia. I am definately of the opinion that both the jacket and cap were never issued. MINT!!! So i have now got mint insignia to add to the pieces. I want to create my own KM display so will have pics soon

Anyone have pictures of the undergarments/neck scarf i would need to source to complete the set or if you have one for sale please PM me!!!
                              sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X