Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kreigsmarine Affe Jacket & Belt... Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you pickup a silk scarf that has been un-tied here is a scan I received on how to tie the silk scarf. It can be a pain to tie but once you tie one it's very simple, but almost imposible to tie one without instructions or being shown how to tie one

Comment

Thank you PZR i'm currently researching and this helps me superbly!!!
      What is the white securing bow made of?

Eduardo do you have this to go with the scarf you have?

Also the breeches... are these the correct pants?

Also what about the correct shoes, what would they have looked like?

Comment

Originally posted by Trance_Eyes View Post
        Thank you PZR i'm currently researching and this helps me superbly!!!

Also the breeches... are these the correct pants?

Also what about the correct shoes, what would they have looked like?
        These are the pants, but you have to look for a nice and good condition pair, good quality, this is a parade uniform and your jacket looks really nice, so the trousers has to match a little.

The shoes could be an old lace-up shoes, this is one of the more difficult item to find.
        Last edited by km-spain; 06-20-2008, 04:31 AM.
        Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
        Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

The white bow could be made directly on the tie or not. With the sailor blue shirt you need always the white bow with the tie, but with the white one you have a white strap on the collar shirt to make the bow and secure the tie to it, you can see this in teh picture posted by pzrwest, si when you look for a white sailor shirt be sure that this strap is there.
          Attached Files

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

ok we are getting there, i'm learning so much very quick here it's awesome!!

I think i'll need to fina a better pair of pants, a descent belt and buckle also.

Do you have an example picture of the shoes as well?

Comment

ok we are getting there, i'm learning so much very quick here it's awesome!!

I think i'll need to fina a better pair of pants, a descent belt and buckle also.

Do you have an example picture of the shoes as well?
              About the belt and the buckle if you are not going to do a parade manequin with the Kar.98 don't buy it, is a really expensive item (collector's guild has a really nice buckle for $938 ) and with the walking out uniform you don't need it.

You are not going to find an original german lace-up shoes, yo any old plain lace-up shoes would be OK.

Regards
              Eduardo

Comment

Yes i see they are VERY expensive!!!!! unbelievable uhoh2:

Just piecing it altogether, I'll make my mind up later on the belt. The gun won't be happening for sure as it's just too hard to get hold of one in Australia and i don't have a gun permit which I'd need to own it...

I was a a militaria show a few months back and a gentleman said he saw an old German guy with a good K98, everyone offered him a fortune for it but he wouldn't sell it, he said it was just too hard to get hold of another one.

Comment

Yes i see they are VERY expensive!!!!! unbelievable uhoh2:

Just piecing it altogether, I'll make my mind up later on the belt. The gun won't be happening for sure as it's just too hard to get hold of one in Australia and i don't have a gun permit which I'd need to own it...

I was a a militaria show a few months back and a gentleman said he saw an old German guy with a good K98, everyone offered him a fortune for it but he wouldn't sell it, he said it was just too hard to get hold of another one.
                  What a pity, with the Kar.98 looks really great.
                  Attached Files

Regards
                  Eduardo

Comment

I know and i'd really love to have it as well, perhaps one day if i take a further interest in the fire arm side of it and get a gun permit but till then i have your picture. Perfect display!!!

Comment

Ok folks...
                      Just starting to get the pieces in for my KM parade display!!!

Stay tuned to this space for pictures and finally the full display!!

I'm ****ing getting excited!!!!!

Comment

Or the blue shirt, with the kragen (dickie). On the left is a blue tunic without the kragen, on the right, same style tunic with the kragen.

Also there was a white working jumper, but basically the ones with a collar were the white ones with the attached collar already posted and the blue tunic worn with and without the kragen/collar/dickie.

John
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok guys...

Starting to piece it all together now...

I'll start posting a few pics!!!

Now thanks to the help of John and Daniel i have worked out that the Prinz Eugen tally i have is a repro and are currently in the process of obtaining some real beauties to finish the cap off. Most probably end up with Panzerschiff Admiral Scheer

Cap

Jacket

Also have a EK2 to add to the jacket also.

more too come
                          Last edited by Trance_Eyes; 07-23-2008, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Scheer had the best record of that class ship as you probably know so that will be a nice touch to your rig. Really looking nice.

John

Comment

Thanks John,

I must say the few KM Collectors have been absolutely superb in helping, teaching and offering me the best guidance possible in achieving my goal.

Thanks guys, you rock!!!! More pics soon. I have the mannequin now also so shy of the tally which i have alredy organized thru Dani when he gest back from holiday in the baltic it will be done and picutes of my complete display will be posted!!!

Comment

Nice looking Justin , but if you are going to use a prewar cap tally you have to use also prewar badges, so no wouden badge in gold and the sport one hast to be without the swastika, if not you have to use the "Kriegsmarine" cap tally.

Regards
                                Eduardo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X