Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabs

Can someone help me on these, are they good.
    Attached Files

btt

Comment

J,

Are they glued? I don't see any thread holding the backside together. Also is the litzen machine sewn along the top and bottom of the mid sections?

Steve

Comment

They are are on the Weitze site. I have doubts but have been looking for a pair for over a year and a half now. Wishful thinking on my part perhaps, they are not the typical construction and I think they are indeed glued.

Comment

Maybe original but . . . .

Hi John,

The litzen were folded and then (sometimes) glued to the base. The final finishing would be to stitch them at each corner and sew them down by machine on the long axis.

These appear to be only partially finished. In time the glue dries, becomes brittle and the litzen may fall off.

If you buy them, they should be sewn down to prevent this.

MfG,

Diane

Comment

Thanks Diane, I was hoping you would respond to the post. So they appear original just not finished? That is easy to fix. I just did not want to restore with repro insignia.

Comment

John, they remind me of early (pre 1965) NVA (east German) Manschafts Kragenspiegel.

Regards, Hardy

Comment

Thanks, as far as I know the early NVA tabs where just the color of the Waffenfarbe and did not have a green stripe in the middle. That is what it shows in the Keubke/Kunz book but maybe there were others used before.

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                  Can someone help me on these, are they good.
                  Not original in my opinion.
                  Luca
                  Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thanks Luca. I will wait another year.

Comment

I agree with all, bad. They do look a lot like the ones sold by soldat.com though.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                        I might be wrong but IMHO these Litzen are perfectly legit, just unfinished.
                        These have nothing in common with the copies posted by the member NTZ.
                        From my screen, they are early collar tabs with dark Feldgrau Doppellitzen, sewed (or just partially glued in this case) to a dark Feldgrau backing.

Comment

As far as the tabs themselves they look good to me, as to them being folded and glued at a later date I cannot be certain. Im far from being an expert, but I do deal with a lot of repro stuff and in my experience repros are more a brownish tint to the grey parts, whereas real ones look more blue/gray. I have never seen a set of repros that had the proper blue/gray tint to the main body of the litzen. They are always either tan/gray in color or straight slate gray color, never with a blue tint. Of course, the repros I see are marketed as such. Their might be better made ones out there designed to rip people off that I havent seen yet, meaning my info here could be totally outdated, but hopefully not. Like I said Im certainly no expert, just giving what I know from my own meager dealings with litzen. I have a reference pic I made some time back that I can add to show better what Im talking about, if I can just find it Ill post it.

Here we go, the one on the top is a fake litzen, the one on the bottom is a real one. Notice how the fake one has a tan tint to the gray, where the real one is more blue in tint. Yours looks like the blueish one to me. This probably isnt enough to say for sure real or not, but its usually the first thing I look for.

Last edited by A.Alston; 05-02-2008, 08:12 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Comment

Hi,

those tabs from Weitze look very similar to this set of Feldgendarmerie litzen I have here. They are also wrapped together and look not sewed/unfinished.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X