Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Oberleutnant tunic opinions.

Hi.

I have got this nice Kriegsmarine Oberleutnant tunic.
    It is stamped inside B.A.W. 6.1.42.
    I wonder way the 2 stripes on the arms looks newer than the eagle and the stars ?

Thanks for your opinions.

Regards
    Derek
    Attached Files

Oberleutnant.
    Attached Files

Comment

Eagle.
      Attached Files

Comment

Loops to a ribbonbar.
        Attached Files

Comment

Bekleidungs Amt Wilhelmhafen
          Attached Files

Comment

It looks very nice and correct. It is unusual to see Officer's items like (personal service uniforms at least) to be marked with KM store room proccessing stamps. I think that some limited number of officer items were purchased by the KM on cantract and either issued to be returned or sold to KM officers....KM daggers's with KM acceptance are another example of this.

At any rate these officer reefer jackets are really very scarce compared to most any type of Heer uniform style.

The ratings are made from celleon and will not tarnish. The rest of the insignia is gilt bullion and will tarnish. When newer all of the insignia was bright and looked very close in appearance...at least to the non-collector!

This combination is fairly common on wartime reefers.

This owner was a line officer and at this rank could have commanded any of several different types of smaller craft....some at this rank were even U-boot commanders.

Comment

I should add that the eagle is unusual too me in that the head is so much lower than the wings and in general it looks poorly formed. I see no reason to believe that it is a post war fake however. Other's with more expertise than I may give you other views on this.

Comment

Hi Phild.

Thank you very much for your opinion.

It is correct what you have observed, the ratings are made from celleon and the eagle and stars are made of gold bullion and these will tarnish.

I agree with you that the eagles head is lower than normal. Probably a "variant" but I am quite sure it is original. The quality seems to be quite good.

Regards
                Derek
                Last edited by DeMil; 04-02-2008, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Derek : This tunic would have been issued to him when he was just a 'Faehnrich ' and he added the stripes later as he was promoted . Did you look inside of the interior breast pocket ? --there might be a name tag sewn in . Regards , Bernd .

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                    Derek : This tunic would have been issued to him when he was just a 'Faehnrich ' and he added the stripes later as he was promoted . Did you look inside of the interior breast pocket ? --there might be a name tag sewn in . Regards , Bernd .

I think that you may be right about that. I started thinking the same thing a bit after I posted the first responses.

I think that Fahnnrichs also wore narrow boards on this style reefer and if so there may be traces of the closed shoulder seams and marks from buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
                      Hi Bernd.

I looked inside the pocket but there were no nametag there

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                        I think that you may be right about that. I started thinking the same thing a bit after I posted the first responses.

I think that Fahnnrichs also wore narrow boards on this style reefer and if so there may be traces of the closed shoulder seams and marks from buttons.

Hi Phild.

There are no traces of buttons or closed shoulder seems so there has not been shoulderboards sewn to this tunic earlier.

Regards
                        Derek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X