Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feldbluse/greatcoat

hello
    what do you think about this jacket i think at the beginnigs it was a greatcoat but it was remaded

best regards guillaume

Hi,

Because of the way the lower pocket flaps are sewn into slash openings, instead of onto the body of the tunic (like the way the chest flaps are sewn), and because of the two belt hook straps at the side of the body, it looks like an early West German tunic.

William

Comment

Collection

I am not sure on anythign you posted including the M43 in the other thread 'with the shiny green liner, you need better pictures to tell. Both of them look like they have intentional been damaged and made to look "old" or "worn" in the pictures provided.

Comment

Hi there,

I can tell you that your tunic is not a standard M36. I would not want it in my collection. It is missing some details in its construction that makes me believe that it is post war.

I see now that there is a open face geen collar. That is a old german border guard tunic. If the guy is selling it as a WWII tunic then you should walk away.

Steve
        Last edited by airborne_steve; 01-18-2008, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I think it not WW2 German army tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
            Hi there,

I can tell you that your tunic is not a standard M36. I would not want it in my collection. It is missing some details in its construction that makes me believe that it is post war.

I see now that there is a open face geen collar. That is a old german border guard tunic. If the guy is selling it as a WWII tunic than walk away.

Steve
            I agree, I am seeing this more and more, the uniform damage is not consistant with use regardless of what it is. It looks like it was attacked with assorted items from a house hold tool kit and then dragged behind a truck for a weekend.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X