Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS vehicle licence plate

Hi Guys

I have recently seen a Waffen SS vehicle licence plate for sale. It certainly looks the part having black lettering on a white background with a red circular stamp on the face of it. It is rectangular and one side only i.e. not for a motorcycle.

The questions I have on it are :

(1) Is there a web site where these numbers are recorded ?
    (2) Are these items faked at all ?

I have never come across one but think it would look pretty neat amongst my SS helmets particularly as one of them is also white.

Looking forward to your replies...

Cheers

Alf

Yes

Alf, like everything else, the plates have been faked. There is, in fact, a company in Florida that stamps plates very similar to the types found on WW2 vehicles. They can't do the 6 sided plates, but the rectangular ones can be done. The stamps are also being reproduced. In fact, any rubber stamp place can make them. The question to ask the seller is what is the image on the stamp. It should be the feldpost stamp. If it is not, then in my opinion, it is the wrong stamp. If it is, you can trace the feldpost number to the proper unit. Good luck. I'd like to know what the seller says about the stamp.

Comment

Hi Jack

Thanks for the information. Fortunately the plate is available for me to look at in the flesh so I will inspect the stamp and let the forum know. Perhaps I can get a pic of the thing and make it available for viewing.

Anyway thanks again

Alf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X