Nametag in Waffenrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
    Sent you a PM John. Will be sending you another as well when I'm done with this.

Bob
    Thanks, does NARA have weapons research files or are those kept at Aberdeen or another location. There must be a lot of interesting material on the research alone.

Comment

I asked about that today with no luck. Although the guys there try to be helpful their understanding of the context in which we are asking questions leaves a bit to be desired. I find myself trying to systematically breakdown/symplify my question in the hope that a keyword might cause the lightbulb to come on.

I'm sure there is info on weapons research available, but I'm afraid it would require a week's worth of 8-hour days to peel that onion back there and find some obscure record group that contains it. I'm sure Aberdeen and maybe even some of the other Army and/or test/production facilities have the info.

I have found that the Germans have over the years put out great books on technical subjects related to the war.

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for the great effort. I got this uniform 6 days ago and now we already have Hauptmann Casper's personnel information. I could not be more delighted.

And thanks to John for referring me to Bob.

This is the highlight of collecting for a guy like me. To put a face with a uniform and the history all comes out.

All the best,

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Glad I could help Mike and I saw the PP notice. I'll wait to hear from you on the other names.

I'll call you later tonight maybe as I have a question for you.

Best!!

Bob

Comment

Ttyl

Call anytime ....

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Research

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
              I asked about that today with no luck. Although the guys there try to be helpful their understanding of the context in which we are asking questions leaves a bit to be desired. I find myself trying to systematically breakdown/symplify my question in the hope that a keyword might cause the lightbulb to come on.

I'm sure there is info on weapons research available, but I'm afraid it would require a week's worth of 8-hour days to peel that onion back there and find some obscure record group that contains it. I'm sure Aberdeen and maybe even some of the other Army and/or test/production facilities have the info.

I have found that the Germans have over the years put out great books on technical subjects related to the war.
              This goes back to my assertion that we should be training Chimps to conduct historic research. There are much better ways to spend tax dollars then shown in the current system and this certainly would be one.

I need to go to Yale and Smithsonian when it warms up and think I will find a reason to go to NARA on the research grant. I may never leave the building once I see what is in there

Comment

Delighted ..

Once again, I am delighted to have this information. Here are some shots of the uniform itself. In mint condition. We will never know how it made its way to the USA and ultimately to my collection room in Tennessee. I bought it in Iowa from a long-time uniforms collector.

Thanks again to John and Bob! I highly recommend Bob for this kind of research work. He is professional, thorough, knowledgeable, and quick.

Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X