Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german food ration carton

dear friends

recently I checked out manions section fieldgear and personal items E11. on the second page ( auction 20020204) there is the well known and very scare German food ration carton '125 g Knäckbrot'. I haven't seen these cartons on shows and bourses for about 5 years and many collectors in Belgium agree with me. A friend of mine told me that these are brandnew carton boxes made in Poland. moremad the reason why?!: on the box there is printed in black inkt : Hersteller, Batschaider knäckebrotfabrik...

but in German, the term 'knäckebrotfabrik' has to be written with a capital,no??. All the food cartons I found on shows in Belguim and France have the same description, and they also don't have the muff smell normally after more than 50 years these cartons should has. I'm not sure about my friends theory so some help would be appreciated.

greetings

Jan From Flanders Fields

is there absolutly nobody who has an opinion on this matter!!. I'm getting desperate. Maybe someone has an original food carton and could post it. that would help a lot.

regards

jan

From Flanders Fields

Comment

Hi Jan,

Yes, Knäckebrotfabrik has to start with a capital K. Also, there has to be a ":" after Hersteller, never a comma ",". That is just not possible.

A good test: Open one, if you still can eat it without feeling an urge to empty your stomach, the Knäckebrot has to be Polish

Cheers, Frank
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

thx Munich for the help and confirmation. I hoop I will get an original one in future.....

regards jan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X