Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 Pants Question

Hi guys,

playing around with my stuff I stumbled across something that made me post this question: why do some M43 pants have the seat reinforcemnt and some don't. Is there a "textbook" explonation or is it just a maker variation?

Thanks and best regards,

Albert

Pair 1 with seat reinforcement:
    Attached Files

Comment

Pair 2 without seat reinforcement; both pairs are German made utilizing Italian cloth:
      Attached Files

Comment

?

Reinforced seat aka double butt was comonly used by Gebirgsjaeger. And than also other elite troops, like the guys with the runes...

Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
          Hi guys,

playing around with my stuff I stumbled across something that made me post this question: why do some M43 pants have the seat reinforcemnt and some don't. Is there a "textbook" explonation or is it just a maker variation?

Thanks and best regards,

Albert

just a little manufacturers variation; nothing else.
          Alex

Comment

I would consider reinforced seats to be a purposeful addition or omission. Especially during the mid to late war clothing productions. I assume the seats would be for mounted or armor personnel, meaning a person sitting more than the average soldier in combat.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
              just a little manufacturers variation; nothing else.
              Alex
              I agree, no branch variation etc. they are saving fabric as well. Breeches were made until Stunde X, the extra panel is not a determination of mounted or non-mounted. Albert, the ones in post # 3 are tailormade?

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                I agree, no branch variation etc. they are saving fabric as well. Breeches were made until Stunde X, the extra panel is not a determination of mounted or non-mounted. Albert, the ones in post # 3 are tailormade?
                That's what I thought.

The ones with the simple seat are an issue piece. Here are the markings; size, RB #, depot abbreviationn and date:
                Attached Files

Comment

Pants

I have never seen issue clothing with those features? Wow, the bottom ones look like private tailor field pants- the tear drop button holes, tan buttons and the lining on the adjustment flaps. Somebody got lucky at the depot, those are nice pants for Kammerstuck!

Comment

Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                    I have never seen issue clothing with those features? Wow, the bottom ones look like private tailor field pants- the tear drop button holes, tan buttons and the lining on the adjustment flaps. Somebody got lucky at the depot, those are nice pants for Kammerstuck!
                    Indeed, it is a nice piece.

I checked my wool pants and they also have the reinforced seat. I too subscribe to the variation theory.
                    Attached Files

Comment

So...is it possible to find any m40 feldhosens with that reinforced seat added? at least as a field repair?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X