Gold embroidered breast eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold embroidered breast eagle

Opinions please as I am just not sure about this one, it seems quite bulky but is made well and doesn't glow. It does show age and has been sewn to a uniform at some point, but that doesn't mean anything. The backing is a dark bottle green as opposed to a dark green badge cloth....navy maybe or just rubbish???
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

eagle

IMO this real and most likely like the other one Navy coastal artillery or it could also be for an Army General rank.

Comment

Looks to be a 'good' one to me also. And a nice good one at that.

Comment

What about this one?
            Attached Files

Comment

the background is green, the picture makes it look black
              Attached Files

Comment

wing
                Attached Files

Comment

back
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I'll go against the grain on these. I don't think that either are good; they are both reproductions that were initially seen, by me at least, in the mid-80's. These eagles are identical to each other and to the repros to which I am referring.

They have similarities to original eagles but at the same time are distinct in their appearance. Distinguishing characteristics of these are the overall shape and construction of the wings, body, and legs as well as the "sparkly" bullion used on the wreath (the latter is something that I've not personally seen on an original bullion army eagle).

These were supposedly made in Pakistan, but who knows as that was the explaination for all bad bullion insignia back then. I had one that was silver on brown; supposedly for TeNo but bad nonetheless. I bought it for $5 at a militaria show when I was just starting to collect. The price alone should have been a red flag to me...

Anyway, hope this helps.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

I would agree with Drew's assessment.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Yes Sir,

These are both bad.

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I think that is the Pakistan backing.....looks off.

Comment

While you guys do have some points regarding authenticity that are worthy of consideration, I still like both of these birds. I am well familiar with the stuff coming out of Pakistan early on and I don't think that these are representative of those. Those early Pakistani attempts were rather crude compared to what is coming out now. I don't see much in similarity between these two. The beaks are different,as are the eyes, feet, wingtips and wreath and swastikas. The 1st one has 10 threads across the width of the body while the second one(although I'm not wearing my 'specs') has 12. I have seen that glittery material on navy administration eagles and army eagles that IMO are 'good'. The paper backing does concern me somewhat and I would have to handle them to convice myself of whether or not they make me happy. They are not army general quality IMO so are most likely coastal artillery.

Comment

Those are Delta International birds from the '70s. Got a set myself back in the '70s they look nice 40 years later, but still repro's
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X