No announcement yet.

RK Trager Benno Herrmann Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice. Great to have a photo of the tunic in wear.

Was it common to change services? Going from Panzer to Luftwaffe seems quite a difference?

Comment

Could you post a close up of the silver PAB for this lonely PAB collector?
      Kind regards,
      Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

WOW

Congratulations. It is an amazing grouping. I love named uniforms. I am glad you will preserve it.

regards

Juan

Comment

Lovely grouping! That panzer tunic adds alot to the group.

Was it his dagger that Detlev had some time ago?
          I think I tried to buy that one

David

Comment

Really something you don't see often...
            thanks for sharing!
            Gustavo

Comment

Well I finally got around to taking some pictures of Benno's cape.
              Here it is in all of its glory! I also have some pictures of him wearing this on his wedding day.
              Doug
              Attached Files

Comment

Pic2...
                Attached Files

Comment

Pic3...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pic4...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Pic5...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Pic6...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LDR View Post
                          Very nice. Great to have a photo of the tunic in wear.

Was it common to change services? Going from Panzer to Luftwaffe seems quite a difference?
                          GREAT Items!!!

Well ... not common, but possible!!

One photo* of Martin Drewes - LW Night Ace 52 kills - KC with Eichenlaub in 1938.

..and..

Best regards,

Ricardo.

*From book "Kleine Geschichten von einem bunten Wege" edited in Brazil.

Comment

I remember that Detlev Niemann has sold parts of the grouping including many pictures perhaps one year ago. I have bought an eagle for the summer tunic belonging to this pilot and if I do no mistake I think there was his white officer's peaked cap but in very poor condition and nobody was interested in it.

Very nice display Doug. It is a shame that this grouping has been divided that way by the guy who got it from the family.

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                              I remember that Detlev Niemann has sold parts of the grouping including many pictures perhaps one year ago. I have bought an eagle for the summer tunic belonging to this pilot and if I do no mistake I think there was his white officer's peaked cap but in very poor condition and nobody was interested in it.

Very nice display Doug. It is a shame that this grouping has been divided that way by the guy who got it from the family.

Pierre
                              That to me makes Detlev Niemann just as bad as the rest of the group splitting dealers. Ruins the history of a person, an era and a set to make a couple of easier bucks. :thumbsdown:

Nice save. Glad Niemann didn't part everything out.

Comment

Just to clarify the history of this group. The grouping was sold as a complete group to a RK collector by Detlev. That collector then decided to sell some of the items individually via Detlev on a commission basis. Detlev did not split this group up.
                                I think that I've been able to keep the core of the group together, and I got a nice PM from another forum member who has a few of the items that were sold off seperately. He has offered to sell them to me, which is great.
                                I am still hoping to find the following items from the original group: officers light-weight overseas cap, 2nd model luft dagger by Eickhorn and framed portait photo of Benno in his LW uniform.
                                If anyone knows where these are, PLEASE contact me.
                                Thanks, Doug

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X