AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heeresbergfuhrer Badge In Cloth - Anyone Seen One Like This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heeresbergfuhrer Badge In Cloth - Anyone Seen One Like This?

Hi Everybody,

I'd like to ask your opinions on these two cloth badges. They were both acquired together by their previous owner some years back.

I'm sure they are genuine: they look absolutely period. Question is - just what period are they from. Am I right in thinking that the eagle is Weimar? As such, are they both pre-third reich?

Thanks for your time.

All the best,
    Toby.
    Attached Files

And the reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Toby,

Well, they are genuine, but Bundeswehr (that's Post War, sorry).

The (beautifull) Heeresbergführer badge instututed from 1936 and in use until 1945 is always metal. Only 370 were ever granted, so they are much rarer than a KC ...

Bart

Comment

Hi Bart,

Thanks for replying. Not a problem re. the period (i.e. not being wartime). I'm just happy to know more about them.

All the best,
        Toby.

Comment

politzei Bergfuhrer

Hi Bart
          Did you see the politzei bergfuhrer badge regimentals had for sale about three years ago? are they rarer than the army?

it came with an interim citation and looked beaut
          I had a picture try to find it and post it

Regards
          Sean
          Attached Files

Comment

I seem to remember Peter Von Lukas sold a Heeresbergfuhrer in a small
            Narvik related grouping not long back?
            As for the Polizei Bergfuhrer badge, I have never seen another for sale
            let alone together with its Besitzzeugnis.

Comment

Hi Sean & Raz,

I've seen this badge when it was up for sale. I think this one is more rare than the Wehrmacht one, but it not being a fighting force badge not of interest to me. I know there are fakes around but I don't know what to look for.

I knew about the Heeresbergführer Abzeichen Peter had, but with todays prices on uniforms and equipment ... And as there wasn't that much special for me in the Konvolut apart from the HBF, I thought the price to high for me.

Bart

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X