Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Aufkl. collar tabs opinion.

Hi Guys,

What do you think about there Panzer Aufkl. collar tabs ?

Thanks and Best regards

Valentin

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don't care for the skulls, which makes the tabs suspect as well...Tom

Comment

Hi tgn,

Thanks for your help,
            Yes it's difficult to say with pics, and there are lot of forms of collar tabs.

Best regards

Valentin

Comment

[QUOTE=panzermania;2289394]Hi Guys,

What do you think about there Panzer Aufkl. collar tabs ?

I could entertain doubts.

B. N. Singer

Comment

If only they were a little bit longer...seriously, those have got to be the longest panzer tabs I have ever seen. The piping seems to be an original type, but the base black material is rather odd, and white bobbin thread? I suppose they were on a white denim wrapper. A custon tailored set...hmmmm, I think these would have to come straight from the vet with a photo of him cutting them off the uniform to convince me.

Richard P

Comment

Hi Richard,

It's difficult to say, the strange part it's the longer of the collar tabs and white bobbin (for summer tunic ??)

Thanks and Best regards

Valentin

Comment

I have not a bad feeling with these, IMO materials as the piping are original, I have a good feelin with skulls too if zink type, Richard has surely a good knoledge about PZ insignia and I am sheptical as him, these are the longest panzer tabs I have ever seen but I have seen every version about collar tabs on wartime pictures and I want give a chance to these tabs maybe used on greatcoats.
                    Luca.
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

[I]I have not a bad feeling with these, IMO materials as the piping are original, I have a good feelin with skulls too if zink type, Richard has surely a good knoledge about PZ insignia and I am sheptical as him, these are the longest panzer tabs I have ever seen but I have seen every version about collar tabs on wartime pictures and I want give a chance to these tabs maybe used on greatcoats.[I]

I have never seen greatcoats with those panzertabs. Greatcoats for Panzertruppe usw were the normal green common use model, as far as I know.
                      Gr Kees

Comment

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
                        I believe the skulls are reproductions.
                        I believe you are correct

Tom

Comment

We have all seen some pretty unusual shaped tabs on panzer wraps through period photos, most I assume were privately tailored which explains the possible anomalies. These are within the realm of possible, but lose without any provenance would cause most to keep on walking. On a wrapper without being able to see the backing would proibably cause even more skepticism. They definitely have a chance...I'm just not sure what it would take other than some rock solid proof to convince most collectors.

Richard P

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X