Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infantry greatcoat

Hi,
    Heres a nice near mint top quality coat,i know there not that interesting to most people .
    Attached Files

shoulder board.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Merdock, that is a nice greatcoat. Is it named at all?

I think that they are very under rated uniforms. The price of these must surely rise in the next few years as the price of other uniforms become out of reach for many collectors.

I have only one greatcoat, a Luftwaffe Officers which was worn by a POW here in Britain and had the insignia removed. But I found the flight piped Lt's shoulder boards in the pocket

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade.
        No it's not named at all,the only thing that stops it being perfect is the sword hanger has been ripped out.
        I also have one with no insignia had it about 25 years it sure is a beauty but not as nice as this one.
        Merdock

Comment

Merdock, this is a great Great coat. Congrats!

Ade, I think "the price of other uniforms become out of reach for many collectors" just because "other uniforms become out of reach for many collectors".

Comment

Beautiful coat. Those that survive the canabilization to make post war fake caps are tought to find - and in this condition. I have collected one Heer overcoat of almost each style that developed through the war. They are tough to display, which is why I think they are less collectible. Thanks for sharing. Wasn't the 19. In Regt Hitler's WWI unit?
            CSP

sigpic

Comment

The 'problem' with greatcoats is that there's no eagle/swastika and you can't hang any medal on 'em. I'd love to have a general's greatcoat. Jack Angolia offered me one a number of years ago and I passed. Have always regretted that.

Comment

Hi ,Thanks for the comments guys,
                Scott Did not know about the hitler regiment thing,Pherhaps it was Hitlers a little bit of artistic liecence folks.
                All the best Merdock

Comment

yup...I was right. Hitler served in the 19th Infantry in WW I. The Honorary title "Infanterie Regiment List" was bestowed on it....later the 199. Infanterie Regiment and then back again to Grenadier Regiment 19. throughout the war. Members of this (these) units would have been issued the cufftitle.

Dave - good point on not being able to han anything on them. I know that you know that I have one general's overcoat. I only own 4 all together. They hand in the back of the display closet except the general's.
                  CSP

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X