Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar Tab Identification

Fellas,
    I need some help identifying some collar tabs that I just received from a Lot of Veteran items from a family in West Virginia. They have two red strips and a green strip down the middle. They are a subdued green color. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave
    WW2GermanHelmets.com
    Attached Files

Back side
    Attached Files

Comment

from my monitor it looks like em artillery, both the same side not a pair.

Comment

Yes, artillery or panzer.

Comment

From the colors i see from my screen, IMO these are two Reichswehr left side collar EM/NCO Litzen (due to the Feldgrau Doppellitzen) intented for artilery stitched on a bluish dark green backing. These were usually used with a dark Feldgrau backing until the adoption of the bluish dark green insignia cloth in september 1935. A shame it's not a pair...

Comment

maybe Panzer after all, don't know, damned screen...

Comment

looks like pink on my screen as well, could be red but leans more to pink to me

Comment

I concur

Originally posted by JPhilip View Post
                From the colors i see from my screen, IMO these are two Reichswehr left side collar EM/NCO Litzen (due to the Feldgrau Doppellitzen) intented for artilery stitched on a bluish dark green backing. These were usually used with a dark Feldgrau backing until the adoption of the bluish dark green insignia cloth in september 1935. A shame it's not a pair...
                I would concur, these are Reichsheer Litzen which were intended to be on a Feldgrau fine cloth backing but were used on a subsequent dark-blue green tabs instead. They were probably left over from the switch in '35. Waste not, want not.

Comment

Boards

These look pink to me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X