Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Destruction Badges

Hi all....
    can anyone tell me how low from the right shoulder seam was the Tank Destruction Badge worn on the pz wrap? Any help is appreciated. Thks!

Hi, according to the OKW press anouncement of 9/3/1942 which detailed the badge, section 4 said:

"The sleeve band (ribbon) will be worn on the upper right sleeve of the field blouse, additional awards of the badge will be recognized by badges worn in the same manner"

So, as far as I can see, there was no measurement involved?
    I think this is borne out by looking at original photos showing the badge in wear. There is certainly a variation. I would look at a photo which you like and go from there?

Are you planning to place a badge on a Panzer jacket that has never had a badge on it originally or are you badging up a repro jacket for living history?
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hey Adrian...

thks for the response. This is just a new repro jacket that I'm badging up, but I'd like to be accurate about insignia wearage. I know there were regulations on the wearing of insignia like cufftitles and SS eagles. This is from Robert Moffat's site on WWII German uniforms regarding the wearing of cuff titles:

"Most of the important Waffen-SS divisions were awarded unit cuff-titles. These appeared on the lower left sleeve, 5 7/8 inches (150mm) above the end of the sleeve.

.....Regulations required the cuff-titles to be worn 10mm above the turn-back of the cuff on the officers' tunic, or about 160mm above the cuff of the other ranks' tunic."

So I'm thinking there probably had be some guidelines. I wonder if one could sew it on at the same distance from the right shoulder seam as the SS sleeve eagle is on the left. (This is going to be an SS Pz wrap).

OK thks for the input Adrian. Anyone else wants a stab at this?

Comment

Hi
        here are some samples of how to wear the TDB; but the left one is the good one.
        jacques
        Attached Files

Comment

Tank Destruction Badges

Hi Jacques

thks for the great pics. First time I'm seeing TDBs worn on the left shoulder, even down near the cuff! I guess for the SS being elite they exercised a little bit of latitude for personal expression. Anyone has more pics?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X