Strange Wehrmacht HBT set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Wehrmacht HBT set

I found this HBT set on the web... It has some oddities worth discussing!
    Based on the pleatless skirt pockets combined with pleated chest pockets,
    wouldn't this be considered a Polizei pattern uniform?
    Also I have never seen riding breeches done in drillich HBT (with keilhose pocket lay out and belt loops...) Strange! Comments welcome! Don't have any other pictures...its an auction house offering... (which by the way I am NOT considering to bid on! Just curious about its legitimacy!)
    Nick
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 10-08-2007, 11:25 PM.

detail

detail
    Attached Files

Comment

breeches

Here the breeches detail shot (in matching HBT)... Never seen this pattern before...(only familiar with straight cut trousers in drillich HBT...) Weird! Thoughts?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 10-09-2007, 12:04 AM.

Comment

detail breeches

HBT riding breeches bottoms. Is this a legit set?
        Attached Files

Comment

IMO the set is legit but put together. Issue breeches made of HBT are not common, these ones have the M43 construction. Tunic is KM (IMO), with replaced buttons and insignia...

Comment

pants are reworked from a 43 model

Comment

I don't know if these breeches are reworked M43 straight pants, but M43 breeches made of HBT do exist as an issue garment

Comment

dp
                Last edited by NickG; 10-09-2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPhilip View Post
                  IMO the set is legit but put together. Issue breeches made of HBT are not common, these ones have the M43 construction. Tunic is KM (IMO), with replaced buttons and insignia...
                  If its KM (with wrong insignia), the pocket configuration still does not make sense...KM did not follow this pattern of mixed pleated and unpleated pockets...They had moslt pleated pockets on all forus or the skirt pockets were slanted internal type... This mix is usually seen on Polizei uniforms...as far as I know...but focourse this uniform is not in a Police shade of green...Its a strange one!!! Nick

Comment

Hello
                    The HBT LW had the same pocket.
                    Regards
                    P-Y

Comment

That's true! I forgot about that...LW also having pleated breast and unpleated waist pockets, true! BUT LW tunics usually have fake French cuffs... which this uniform does not! but good point still! Nick
                      Last edited by NickG; 10-09-2007, 03:13 PM.

Comment

oups...!
                        my mistake, sorry about that, i thought LW but wrote KM....
                        still the fake french cuffs problem

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X